999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • Mobile: (999) 999-9999 • E-mail: email@example.com
Sylvia H. Messer
Seeking a challenging management position to utilize my skills and innovative ideas to continue and promote excellence.
- Dedicated with Mistake #1 click here a strong work ethic and the ability to build lasting relationships.
- Adept at communicating effectively with staff, vendors, as well as customers.
- Organized with the ability to successfully multi-task.
- Experienced in operations management, sales, budgeting, staffing, and cost control.
- Able to motivate co-workers to perform to their maximum potential.
ABC Company 2009 – 2010
- Assist the executive chef to plan, organize, direct and control all culinary operations
- Supervise, coach, and coordinate culinary staff
- Direct Mistake #2 click here banqueting functions including weddings, private parties, and special member events
- Responsible for inventory functions, requisitioning, product costing
- Plan, coordinate and supervise menu planning and implementation
- Ensure compliance with standards of operation, sanitation, and safety
- Increase club revenue, coordinate activities with club director and executive chef
- Ensure all culinary offerings are of exceptional quality to maintain customer satisfaction
GHI Company 2008 – 2009
- Responsible for directing and planning menu’s for two glamour camp sites and an offsite chuck wagon dinner,
- Created new menu items for rotating fine dining restaurant menu.
XYZ Corporation 2007 – 2008
- 2nd in command for all kitchen responsibilities, back-up to Executive Chef during absences
- Planned and prepared food for large and small groups, and simultaneous events (200+ guests)
- Planned Mistake #3 click hereand prepared food for weddings, special event groups, and corporate events
- Served breakfast, lunch, and dinners
- Developed diverse menu choices for Casual and 4-Star Fine Dining
- Inventory & cost control
- Managed cooks, dishwashers, and servers
- Developed inventory and pricing system for corporate management
- Worked flexible schedule with overtime, 7 days a week plus holidays
New York University, New York, NY 2003 – 2005
Associates in Culinary Arts
University of California, San Diego, CA 1994 – 1998
B.A. in Marketing