999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • email@example.com
General Manager Mistake #1 click hereProfessional with extensive expertise in staffing, training, menu analysis and preparation, food cost, procurement, and labor control. Certified National Trainer in leadership training with Church Initiative. Significant background in restaurant grand openings and team-building training.
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Training and Presentation Skills
- Written and Oral Communication
- Management and Employee Relations
- Coaching and Consulting
- Crew Development and Placement
- Asset Management
- Customer service.
- Shift supervising.
- Cash Mistake #2 click heremanagement.
- Inventory ordering.
- Food production.
Restaurant General Manager
- Restaurant located within convenience store. Deli style breakfast and lunch menus served six days a week. Specialty meat and cheese custom sliced.
- Prior to opening: created menu; costed all food per serving; purchased restaurant equipment and tools; etc.
- Oversee one employee; schedule hours; report payroll.
- Order inventory; create daily specials; cook; serve; clean.
- Slice meats and cheeses in deli; create party trays as ordered; create table displays with samples.
- Heavily involved in creation, planning and opening this theme restaurant which set the standard of Tex Mex cuisine in Mistake #3 click hereGermany.
- Responsible for management, training and supervision of staff of multi-ethnic employees.
- Authority to hire and fire personnel, as needed.
- New York College (business courses)
- Pastoral Theology Degree, New York College, New York, NY