999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • (999) 999-9999
Angel L. Castro
Honored professional with over 10 years experience in the hotel industry. Solid organizational, communication Mistake #1 click here and time management skills. Consistently exceeded goals. Skilled at motivating and directing others. Dedicated to quality, innovation and customer satisfaction.
Hotel General Manager (July 2009-April 2010)
- Responsible for overall operation of the hotel including all HR functions.
- Managed a staff of thirty including five Department Managers.
- Mentor And Training Manager for new General Managers.
- Trainer of “Service Mistake #2 click hereSo Memorable” Program.
- Developed excel programs for cost control and guest satisfaction tracking that are now used throughout the region.
- Headed Sales and Accounts payable and receivable departments.
- Increased sales by 5% each year.
- Budget writing and management
Hotel General Manager (June 2009 – Present)
- Increased RevPAR (Revenue per available Room) by 31%.
- Successfully negotiated ADR (average daily rate) increases between 5% and 10% with Tour Operator Contract Managers, for every year of my tenure.
- Managed to change the culture of the employees from just serving a customer to delighting a guest, by tying their compensation on guest satisfaction among other factors (Balanced Scorecard approach).
- Managed currency exchange department.
- Key financial metrics such as ROE, stood above 12% for every year of my tenure, while FCF grew at a 10% CAGR.
- Initiated a marketing research strategy in order to understand our guests’ needs and serve them better in the future. Questionnaire analysis (chi-square, t-test and ANOVA) was the main execution tool, complemented by guests’ interviews and discussions.
Hotel General Manager (September 2007-June 2009)
- Assume authority for Hotel as General Manager
- Realign, promote and market as necessary to increase revenues
- Meticulously maintain all statistical and financial records
- Recruit, train and monitor relevant staff for specific operations
- Accurately plan Mistake #3 click here work schedules per requirement & payroll budget
- Raised ADR, RevPar and occupancy proportionally
- Personally sold $50,000 in room nights in first 90 days as GM
New York University – BS: Business Administration, Management 2004
University of California: Train the Trainer Certified, Front Office Academy Certified
Microsoft Office Suite
Micros – Opera, Opera v5, POS 3700
Sage And Insight
Available upon Request