555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • firstname.lastname@example.org • Cell (555) 555-5555
Gilbert J. Hutchinson
To obtain a full time or part time position working with the Information Technology Industry, doing customer service and or helpdesk work.
- Building, configuring, Mistake #1 click here troubleshooting and repairing PC’s
- Knowledge of basic electronics and theory of computer operation and terminology
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Experienced in installing scanners, printers, modems, CD writer drives, network cards, basic components and software applications
- Proficient in using Linux; Windows 3.1, XP and ME; Mac OS7.5 thru BEOS and UNIX
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of PC repair, installation, troubleshooting and configuration of Windows 95/98/2000 and Windows Server 2003
- Understanding of TCP And IP protocol
- Familiar with installing and maintaining Cisco routers, switches and hubs
- Experience with Apache web, DHCP, DNS, Samba and NFS servers
- Familiar with Adobe, Metacreations products and Macromedia products
ABC Company 2007-2008
Food Service Worker
- Prepare, heat, cook, and serve food to students and staff.
- Operate kitchen Mistake #2 click heremachinery, stand, lift, bend, continuously.
- Serve in lue of absence of Cafeteria Manager.
- Disburse tickets, count money, inventory, production reports, health and sanitation procedures.
Food Service Worker 2007-2007
- Brought food cards around to various units in the hospital
- Trained new employees
- Interacted with a diverse group of people in a sensitive medical environment
- Served food from a hot food line to patients’ trays
- Filled in as a dishwasher when needed
Food Service Worker 1995-2008
- Delivers Mistake #3 click hereassembled trays to correct patients within the allocated time frame.
- Assists team in a timely completion of tray delivery and pick-up, tray service for outpatients and clinics.
- Perform assigned sanitation duties.
- Demonstrates positive “team leader” attitude through interactions, (verbal, written, or body language) with subordinates, peers, supervisors, and other Medical Center personnel in and while during daily work, meetings, etc.
5 plus years as a volunteer youth worker, training & assisting youth in troubleshooting computers
New York University, New York, NY Expected Graduation Date Summer 2010