999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999
Barbara L. Mendoza
To obtain a position in retail or customer service. Will contribute my strong organizational skills, self-starter, and team player attributes.
- Cash Register
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Customer Service
- People Person
Culinary, ABC Company
January 2009 to August 2010
- Clean and Mistake #1 click hereinspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Apportion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
- Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry.
- Monitor use of government food commodities to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
- Compile and maintain records of food use and expenditures.
- Direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Train new employees.
Culinary, GHI Company
October 2008 to December 2008
- Helped minimize inventory waste by implanting strategic supply and demand processes.
- Replenished inventory based on collected data that forecasted current food stock versus future sales.
- Tracked inventory cost Mistake #2 click here and waste, which made the inventory efficiency 20% more accurate.
- Eliminated excessive turnover with positive feedback to the employees.
- Analyzed customer norms to target local market and drive sales. Sales increased 15% over projections in my first three months.
- Decreased guest complaints by 30% by enhancing the product quality and guest experience.
- Noted for positive energy and ability to reach out to employees and guests.
- Trained new management personnel for two districts.
- Improved cleanliness and organization of the restaurant, which lead to my restaurant being displayed in the franchise manual and handbook.
Culinary, XYZ Corporation
March 2006 to February 2007
- Recruits, trains, and motivates a staff of cooks, front of house staff, servers, and bartenders
- Fosters a team atmosphere through improved coaching, training, communication, and motivation ensuring clear direction and employee preparedness
- Productivity and Efficiency Improvement in Customer Service and Satisfaction
- Strong P&L knowledge
- Consistently control food and labor costs between 1%-2% under budget
- Performance Evaluations every Quarter for hourly employee development
- Able to make insightful decisions in resolving personnel issues, while following procedures
- Training and development of new managers
- Monitors and purchases inventory weekly, monthly, and quarterly ensuring sufficient levels to accommodate demand
- Schedules work shifts for 50 plus employees
- Manages daily Mistake #3 click hereoperations of business with 3.5 million annual sales through improved management techniques, attention to detail, inventory control, and developing relationships with vendors
- Assists and works well side by side with GM and other Management on plans, projects, and developments
Graduate, New York High School