555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • firstname.lastname@example.org • (555) 555-5555 (Home):(123) 456-7890 (Cell)
- Highly skilled case manager and team leader with a proven record of success in delivering Outreach Mistake #1 click here Services.
- An exceptional communicator and motivator who leads by example.
- Skilled in establishing a trusting and therapeutic relationship with clients of all ages, cultures and backgrounds.
Case Manager, September 2006-Present
- Conduct assessment of consumers in acute situations
- Provide assessment of direct supportive services to consumers lacking the ability and or skill to maintain daily living situations
- Develop care plans and goals to meets needs of clients within program limits
- Maintain complete and current case files and documentation
- Utilize and coordinate community resources to assist client in activities of daily living
- Maintain current inventory of services available to clients in the Community
- Facilitate the use of community resources
- Perform meetings with consumer and families frequency of which determined by nature and severity of problems
- Advocate for the Mistake #2 click hereelderly at every opportunity
- Cooperate with service providers to insure the best quality service delivery
Case Manager, November 2005 – August 2006
- Coordinates the legal, financial, medical and domestic matters of Wards. Works as conservator and or guardian are appropriately completed and filed if the case is appropriate for fiduciary services.
- Attends meetings and nursing home assessments on behalf of assigned Wards and assures that established ward goals are appropriate.
- Do intake and investigate on all referral and emergency referrals within two-day period. Develops referral petitions with input from Ward, Physicians, family members and anyone that works closely with them. Once appointed completes an inventory of Ward’s assets in time frame designated in the policy manual.
- Assists with sale disposing of deceased clients personal and estate properties for Probate cases.
- Interpreted for Navajo families that are not fluent in English.
Case Manager, August 2004 – September 2005
- Provided case management for foster parents and children
- Completed detailed intake and assessment
- Developed and Mistake #3 click hereparticipated in client-centered plan, including outreach services
- Participated in court reviews and all mandatory meetings
- Documented mandatory monthly progress reports in a timely manner
- Worked with multi-disciplinary staff for consultation and teamwork
New York University
Master of Arts in Counseling – Pending May 2006
University of California
Bachelor of Arts, Social Work – May 2004
Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, PowerPoint, Excel, and Data Entry.