999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • 999.999.9999 • email@example.com
To continue a successful career as a Retail Buyer
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Excellent customer service.
- Exceptional Mistake #1 click hereability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Efficient at taking minutes and organizing projects and meetings and events.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook), Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design.
- Efficient multi-tasking skills dedicated to achieving high levels of communication and execution.
- Ability to highly motivate and organize teams to produce results.
- Planning, Scheduling, Expense Reports.
- Immense ability to schedule appointments and maintain calendars.
- Outstanding organizational, time management, prioritizing, data entry and problem solving skills.
- Transcribe and record meeting minutes including 55 wpm typing skill.
- Freight forwarding; merchandise transfer and international shipping knowledge.
- Knowledge of sales and budget tracking, analysis, and general accounting principles.
- Ability to manage accounts and merchandise for multiple clients, vendors and territories.
- Complete knowledge of supplies, equipments and services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Excellent planning and booking of multiple travel agendas.
Retail Director and Buyer, August 2009 – June 2010
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
- Drastically reduced shrink to the lowest levels in recent years by designing a comprehensive training program.
- Boosted revenue and per-caps by over 15% by applying sharp business acumen toward identifying and implementing effective policies and procedures.
- Cost-effectively allocated, administered and managed operational budgets.
- Recruited and trained all employees, playing an instrumental role in developing top-performing team members.
- Relied upon Mistake #2 click hereto contribute detail orientation and organizational abilities toward developing and purchasing product for multiple retail locations; monitored stock levels and determined retail pricing to maximize profits.
Retail Merchandise Buyer and Planner, July 2008 – May 2009
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
- Developed and managed $30 million of merchandise assortment of designer sunglasses for 158 full-price and outlet store locations in 34 states.
- Created pre-season sales, OTB, gross margin and inventory plans by class and department to support management strategies.
- Conducted detailed daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal business review based on historical, current trends and market forecasts.
- Forecasted and streamlined off-price inventory for outlets through effective buying from domestic and overseas channels.
- Invented store brand matrix that maximizes the product assortment planning, luxury and designer door focus and store capacity.
- Planned inventory and product assortment for 30+ new store openings, ensuring seamless workflow and successful openings.
- Collaborated with Director of Finance and USA Brand Managers to create sales presentations to Senior Management.
- Presented markdown cadence, store incentives and promotional strategies to Regional and District Managers on conference calls.
- Designed optimal model stock management and store floor plans by location to increase sales and improve customer experience.
Retail Manager-Buyer in Training, September 2007 – July 2008
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
- Responsible Mistake #3 click here for training and development of current and new associates.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Managing multiple reports to make sound business decisions.
- Managing vehicle inventory levels.
- Coordinating weekly wholesale vehicle auctions.
- Purchasing vehicles from customers and auctions to satisfy vehicle inventory.
ACADEMY OF ART UNIVERSITY
New York, NY
September 2002 – May 2007
B.F.A in Fashion Merchandising
AA in Graphic Design
Available upon request