A dedicated and experienced multi-task hardworking individual who is seeking QA Engineer position.
Pro Serve SQA Engineer for ABC Inc., Any Town, NY 10/2009 – 2/2010
- Project Mistake #1 click here lead in all phases of the product delivery ranging from test plans, test case executions, as well as server package deployments and build configuration per customer’s customization requests.
- Managed and scheduled necessary staffing within QA team on various projects in order to meet aggressive deadlines and meeting set requirements.
- Acted as a liaison between customer and product manager in answering customer and vendor’s request, inquiries, and concerns.
- Worked closely with operation teams in setting up and building testing environments for preparation of smoke tests and upgrades.
QA Engineer for XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY 7/2009 – 9/2009
- Participated in team meetings with business users to collect requirements.
- Reading technical design document, requirement documents and creating test cases. Presenting test cases to Development and Project Managers in test review meetings and uploading these test cases in TESTOPIA.
- Executing test cases and logging bugs in Bugzilla.
- Experience in testing application on different platforms like J2ME, Blackberry and Phone. Experience in WAP, SMS testing.
- Discussing requirements with Product and suggesting changes in the application.
- Giving Mistake #2 click here training to new hires.
- Participating in monthly deployments. Performing smoke tests in production.
- Experience in testing the data flow and using SQL Queries to extract data from Oracle database using SQL Developer. Executing insert and update SQL statements.
- Checking log files in UNIX for back end exceptions, and forwarding the same to developers.
- Executing scripts in UNIX for functional testing. Creating test cases for scripts.
QA Engineer for BCD Inc., Any Town, NY 4/2009 – 6/2009
- Test application used by researchers to visualize trends represented by various types of data.
- Studied business requirements and functional specifications in order to identify contradictory and incomplete requirements.
- Created Matrix Test Plan for functional area.
- Performed functionality, regression, and release acceptance testing on major functionality.
- Executed functional test cases using Quick Test Pro and VB Script.
- Tested Installation of the application on different operating systems such as Window XP 32 bit , Windows XP 64 bit, Vista 32 bit, Vista 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit.
- Executed SQL Queries to retrieve information from database for testing purposes.
- Submit and track problem reports using bug-tracking system. Participate in Bug Tracking QA walk through. Perform regression testing on bugs that were reported as fixed.
- Installed VMware Mistake #3 click here and Window XP, cleaned up registry with Windows Installer Clean up Utilities to create test environments. Created test data.
- Conduct internal trainings for Software QA interns. Provided support to junior team member.
- Preparing test data of the different types.
BS Computer Science Degree, University Pennsylvania, PA
Web Design, A1 Institute, New York
Selenium RC-IDE, Junit, Net Beans, Test NG, ANT, QTP, Load Runner, Silk, Adobe Photo shop, Flash CS5, Dream weaver, After Effect, Firework, XML, XSLT, HTML, Apache Parser, Tomcat Oracle Database, Quick Time, iLife suite, iTune, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Access.
TCP-IP, HTTP, H.264, Streamer, Flash Video, Quick Time.
Windows 7, Vista, XP, Macintosh OS Snow Leopard, Linux, HP-UX, VMware
- Perl, PL, SQL, SQL, Apple Script, Auto mator, VBScript, PHP.
English and Spanish.