Any Town, NY 99999
My goal is to Mistake #1 click heresecure a position where QA Testing is the full focus of my tasks. I have 10+ years of manual QA testing experience. I am very interested in finding a position where I am able to enhance my testing experience and skills through learning automated test tools and web-based testing.
The main focus of my testing has been with enterprise applications in a client or server environment. My testing skills encompass taking over QA testing after software development and performing full-scope testing (including test script generation) with heavy use of SQL queries to find test data and to confirm test results, and to ensure proper implementation into the Production environment.
My QA testing tasks include UAT support (enabling access to the testing environment and guidance during UAT on issues and questions), as well as creating documentation such as User Guides and required SOX-compliance documentation in a manufacturing environment.
ABC Inc. 7/2006 – current
- Imaging and testing personal business systems to find issues related to communication devices, i.e. LAN, WLAN, WAN, WWAN, modem, and Blue tooth.
- Reporting bugs and problems.
- Testing completed via prepared test plan.
- Configuring and imaging various systems using Ghost and Acronis.
- Testing also included various operating systems: Windows XP, XP 64, Vista Business, Vista Home, Vista Ultimate, and legacy Windows 2000.
- Maintained the lab’s local network environment by assigning and configuring network switches and ports.
XYZ Corp. 3/2006 – 6/2006
- Checked for bugs in applications.
- Databases and cataloged identified bugs in the build.
- Worked with team under time constraints to meet a shared deadline.
- Solve basic hardware problems dealing with computer systems.
BCD Inc., Any Town 10/2000 – 02/2006
- Understand Mistake #2 click here the functional requirements of the projects and performed the functional testing using Manual testing process.
- Preparation of test cases, preparation of Test Plans that describes the features and functions to be tested.
- Execution test cases and reported bugs using Quality Center.
- Managed, Documented and controlled all the Test Cases, test scripts and test results using QC and also in a status update report using MS Excel.
- Testing of the entire process including reports and back-end data validation.
- Perform regression testing after closing the defects or new build after fix.
- Record and run tests using QTP.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing, Usability testing.
- Involved in UI testing.
- Participate in test plan and test cases review meetings.
- Performed backend testing using SQL queries to check backend data and data integrity.
- Use some of the basic commands while testing UNIX.
- Perform and validate positive, negative, system and integration testing.
- Preparing Daily Execution Report – Involved in preparing the Daily Execution Status report and sharing with managers and leads.
- Weekly Mistake #3 click here Status Report – Involved in preparing the Daily Execution Status report and sharing with the project manager and lead.
- Environment: QC9.0, Load Runner, QTP9.0, Java (Servlets, JSP’s), Java script, HTML, XML, Web Sphere, SQL, Oracle, Windows NT- XP and UNIX.
5/2000 Indiana University, Bloomington
- MBA (GPA 3.75)
5/1996 Purdue University, West Lafayette
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, cum laude
SQL Queries QA Testing User Requirements Documentation
Application Support Project Implementation, Support User Training and Support
Baan IV ERP