999 Any Street • New York • NY 99999 • ext.256 days 999-999-9999 • home.999-999-9999 • cell.999-999-9999 • Email :email@example.com
A proven record of change-oriented leadership and achievement in Lean and Continuous Improvement implementation, Six Sigma projects, Quality Assurance, and diverse project management in all manufacturing and order fulfillment processes. Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
Lean and Continuous Improvement – Trained workforce and staff in Lean & Toyota Production System principles and tools such as 5S, kanban, kaizen events, SMED, mistake-proofing, pareto, and root cause analysis. Instituted Theory of Constraints practices to resolve chronic bottlenecks. Identified critical opportunities, and employed these methodologies to lead cross-functional teams in support of plant objectives. Set aggressive goals, planned details, and produced measured operational improvements.
- Work center Mistake #1 click hereefficiencies improved over 20 %
- Plant output doubled over a five year period
- Reduced average manufacturing cycle time from 7 weeks to 2 weeks
- Operator turnover decreased from 30+% to • Shortened quote process from 3-4 days to < 24 hours
Six Sigma Black Belt – Completed data-driven projects, achieving targeted reductions in defects and process variation. Mentored Green Belts and Black Belt – from project selections through the DMAIC process.
- Yield improvements and scrap reductions netted in excess of $600k in cash savings
- Trained BB project core team members in Six Sigma methodologies and data collection
- Advised five Green Belts and their mini-project teams at Newton, NC plant, and a Black Belt candidate at Rockford, IL facility; scope included operations, testing, and distribution.
- Tutored Green Belts going through certification at local community college
Quality Assurance – Modernized the QA department’s daily processes, documentation, and record-keeping procedures. Adapted systems to handle a twenty-fold expansion of Asian and European nuclear markets, with custom manufacturing, testing, and quality plans for each order. Gained a working knowledge of AWS and ASME codes for nickel alloy consumables. ‘Total quality experience’ consistently ranked as the top metric in annual customer surveys. Also responsible for process engineer, product development engineer, and the Weld Lab.
- Achieved independent ISO 9001:2008 and ASME Section III QSC certification
- Revised and updated QA Manual and all controlled documents in a uniform format
- Implemented QA module in the ERP system, replacing two old legacy systems
- Fail-safed the spec review process
- Developed a customer complaint system for managing and tracking quality issues and returns
- Installed a more robust CCAR system , utilizing appropriate root cause analysis tools
- Traveled to customers and vendors to ensure conformance to specifications
Project Management – Managed diverse, complex assignments, leading teams and individuals to achieve defined objectives on time, within scope, with expected deliverables; provided progress reports for managers.
- Directed a multi-disciplined project team in installing ERP system concurrently at multi-site locations, replacing three legacy systems. Also awarded “Class A” Manufacturer status by Oliver Wight Group.
- Led the Systems Improvement Team through a full re-implementation of a second ERP system, replacing many satellite systems, and installing several release upgrades
- Streamlined, verified, and updated process routings and product cost accounting
- Coordinated the CIP pipeline of capital improvements – justification, approval, and management
- Responsible for Mistake #2 click heremanaging new product development and R&D pilots
- Standardized environmental reporting, permits, and hazardous waste transactions
Employee Training – Trained associates at all levels, from senior managers to machine operators, in Lean Enterprise concepts, team building, and other specific skills.
- Taught Shift Team Leaders course – basic supervisory skills, manufacturing systems and tools
- Wrote detailed operator training manuals & schedules, with daily production checklists.
- Developed cross-training matrices to identify and correct staffing vulnerabilities
- Maintained thorough training records for ISO requirements
- Wrote & received $20k Incumbent Workforce Development grant for supplemental training
- Hired, supervised, and coached college engineering interns
AAA COMPANY, New York, NY Feb. 2002-present
- Created & maintained test scripts and test plans and testing environments
- Responsible for 7 QA Analysts
- Responsible for all software testing: regression, automation, white box, black box
- Implemented quality assurance procedures & practices using AAA methodologies
- Built, structured and trained a QA team
BBB Services, New York, NY Mar. 1995- Feb. 2002
- Quality Assurance Manager for ISO (13485) Certified and FDA Regulated medical device company over finished goods release QA, Incoming QA, and In-process QA inspectors
- Responsible for Investigation and Review of CAPA and NCR reports
- Customer complaints, investigations, field safety corrective actions, and recall coordination
- Technical writing for procedures and investigations
- Assist with internal audits of quality system
- Responsible for protocols, execution, reports and testing of ethylene oxide sterilization validations and sterilization adoptions (compliant with ISO 11137)
- Coordinating all product testing and protocols, including accelerated aging, stability, bioburden, endotoxin, biological indicators, biocompatibility, sterility, and E and O residual
- Customer, Regulatory, and FDA Audits
- Departmental and company-wide training on SOPs
- Monitoring and measuring of controlled environment
CCC Limited New York, NY 1990-1995
- Managing a team of 30 QA [15 onsite and 15 offsite] engineers who are responsible for the quality assurance of all CCC products.
- Set forth the direction of GUI automation efforts by selecting SilkTest 8.0 as our GUI automation tool. So far, we’ve automated 5000 test cases in 2 years.
- Built a strong and efficient QA team in USA, India and China which has been appreciated for their stellar efforts. When I started at CCC, there were only a few interns in my team through whom I could accomplish my goals. It was with my sheer power and confidence that I had been able to build a rock solid QA team
- Implemented a robust test framework for the system testing- Continuous Hours of Operation [CHO] and Performance. Several key issues related to grid stability and scalability was found due to the CHO efforts. The performance test suite helped uncover the various performance degradation issues in our product.
- Leading the automation efforts for functional and regression test cases as well. My plan of action has been to automate the high priority customer issues with the help of the functional regression test framework. This effort of mine has been a huge payoff for the company with regards to ensuring stability of our product from the functional perspective.
- Directed the QA Mistake #3 click hereteam to analyze the key architectural issues of our product. This effort was well received by the Executive staff. As a result, a new development project has been spearheaded to address the current architectural constraints of our product.
- Had the privilege to work with Cisco and Riverbed on partnership projects. This involved concise and robust planning execution of these critical projects. The testing involved was a mixture of black box, grey box and white box testing.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
BS Administrative Management, New York University
Six Sigma Black Belt, CCC Corporate Training Group
Train the Trainer MBB prep – CCC Corporate Training Group
ASQ Certified Quality Auditor
Value Stream Mapping – Nile Valley Community College
Continuous Improvement Process Team Leader Training – CCC Corporate
Oliver Wight MRP and JIT Training Class
Windows Office suite, Minitab, Axiom and open, MFG and PRO
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS –
American Society for Quality, International Society of Six Sigma Professionals, Project Management Institute