999 Main Street, Any Town, NY
Home Telephone: (999) 999-9999
Cellular Telephone: (999) 999-9999
Editorial professional Mistake #1 click here with consistent history of excellence in shaping publications, facilitating communication between departments, and devising improvements in the quality of procedures. Extensive experience editing, writing, proofreading, and fact-checking manuscripts; brainstorming, creating, and maintaining schedules; and ensuring clarity of interactions within editorial and between editorial and art, production, sales, freelancers, and faculty.
2008-July 2010 ABC INC.
Any Town, NY
- Edited, produced and oversaw the delivery of all promotional materials for all newsletters to increase referral sources and maintain a strong client base for professionals in medical, dental, law and financial fields.
- Edited, proofread, fact checked and produced newsletters on a monthly and quarterly basis by communicating with writers, artists and vendors, as well as additional proofreaders and fact checkers to ensure the highest quality for strict deadlines.
- Assisted in the quality control of newsletters in order to keep production on schedule.
- Edited and updated the company’s Web site on a monthly basis to reflect the growing number of newsletters produced with relevant topics to attract new customers.
2004-2008 XYZ CORP.
Any Town, NY
- Copy edit, assemble, and order workbooks for educational training courses. Communicate with course developers throughout copy editing for intended meaning and clarity to ensure accurate and concise content.
- PDF the Mistake #2 click herePower Point slides and Word documents, assemble the work book, and create presentation files for the instructors. Re purpose material for different types of training.
- Create course collateral and post them on the company’s website for marketing and customer use.
- Research and compile information for the Student Guide to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency throughout all educational materials.
- Create and maintain miscellaneous templates, checklists, and other resource documents for the editors’ use in performing their duties.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to communicate with the team on current projects, events, and other issues or concerns that may arise. Perform any action items assigned from this meeting.
2003-2004 BCD INC.
Any Town, NY
- Manage new product-related content drafted by freelance staff members to be published on Company’s website.
- Schedule and plan all aspects of content development, from determining content focus to paying freelance staff.
- Partner Mistake #3 click herewith freelancers to convey assignment details and review and edit work. Create work flow and task descriptions.
- Train freelancers on guidelines and sales, marketing staff on products. Created marketing materials for company collateral and websites.
- Increased subscriptions of product 100%.
- Effectively collaborated with departments to develop user guides, manuals, and automated course content for customer education.
Writing stories, reviews, and copy-editing.
MA in Journalism, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, 1992
BA in Journalism, Harvard University, 1991
Windows and Macintosh. Proficient in Word, Power Point, and other applications. Extensive experience with Internet research.