999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
(999) 999-9999, firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY August 2007 – Present
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous U.S. patent applications, including all stages of prosecution.
- Drafted and analyzed patent ability, invalidity, and right-to-use opinions.
- Drafted and negotiated IP transfer and rights agreements and IP provisions in corporate agreements.
- Participated in Mistake #1 click hereintellectual property litigation in multiple federal district courts.
- Technical Fields of Expertise include: Chemical; Software processes; Health care processes; Various mechanical devices; Printing inks; Computer hardware accessories; Packaging; Business methods; Radio Frequency Identification; ‘Green’ devices and systems; Ornamental design.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY July 2006 – September 2006
- Conducted and oversaw the legal affairs along with the Chief Legal Counsel. Drafted pleadings and letters handled in-house litigation and researched potential legal issues. Handled many complex legal issues involving secularization and Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code. Participated in business decision process.
- Participated and Mistake #2 click here assisted in the winding down of corporate affairs.
- Assisted in the background reviews of potential clients. Investigated and protected against possible fraudulent activity directed at the company.
- Initiated and handled legal actions involving contractual breaches. Assisted in the structuring of complex factoring transactions, from early negotiations to closing.
- Coordinated and maintained the company’s relationship with retained outside attorneys.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY May 2001 – August 2003
- Successfully advised clients and resolved a wide range of regulatory and enforcement issues before U.S. government agencies including: U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, U.S. International Trade Commission, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, The Office of Foreign Assets Control and the Bureau of Industry and Security.
- Defended clients before the U.S. Department of Justice including white collar criminal investigations and subpoena responses to legal inquiries.
- Successfully led on-site government audits.
- Represented Mistake #3 click hereclients before federal courts and prepared all necessary filings including pleadings, motions and briefs. Well-versed on rules of procedure and electronic docketing, filing systems.
- Extensive experience reviewing and producing documents in response to subpoenas, agency requests and discovery requests.
- Advised clients on general corporate matters including corporate structure, general contracts, and tax issues.
Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, CO
Juris Doctor May 2007
University of Florida, Miami, Fl
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, August 2004