999 Main Streets, Any Town, NY 99999
Licensed to practice law in the State of Texas.
Results-oriented and performance-driven professional with strong research, writing, and analytical abilities. Excellent communicator with advanced client interaction skills. Motivated and self-disciplined multitasker with the capacity to handle complex challenges and navigate effectively in diverse organizational settings. Languages: Basic Spanish.
Law Clerk, ABC Inc., Any Town, NY August 2009-Present
- Representative technologies: I have worked software related technologies including image processing, document processing systems, data loss prevention, wireless and other hand held systems, application development tools, electronic security, and Internet technologies.
- Patent prosecution Mistake #1 click here including initial and subsequent client interviews, patent application drafting and preparation, office action preparation and responses, United States Patent and Trademark Office Examiner interviews and negotiation regarding pending patent applications.
- Strategic IP planning including analysis of requests for proposals, bid preparation, enforcement options for existing IP rights, product workarounds, development strategy, and advising in-house counsel.
- Patent and technology licensing including training in technology licensing, drafting a one-way and a reciprocal license pursuant to a settlement agreement.
- Patent due diligence including researching case histories, tracking corporate assignments, file wrapper analysis, and prior art analysis.
- Litigation support and infringement analysis including the preparation and drafting of legal non-infringement opinions, inequitable conduct research and analysis, preparation of expert witnesses, claim charts, and invalidity art searches.
- Client portfolio consulting such as patent analysis, infringement analysis, communication with corporate legal counsel concerning ongoing patent activities, and application strategy.
Patent Attorney XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY November 2007–July 2009
- Patent prosecution and litigation (provisional, utility, design, responses, validity, prior art search, re-exam, pre-appeal and appeal briefs, foreign filings, FTO, etc.), trademark prosecution (Federal and State), copyright.
Sole Practitioner, BCD Inc., Any Town, NY July 2006–October 2007
- Incorporating Mistake #2 click here small businesses.
- Business acquisitions.
- Corporate transactional contracts.
- Debt contracts, restructuring and collections.
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate including landlord, tenant matters, acquisitions and sales.
- Homeowner Associations representation.
- Estate planning including wills, living wills and powers of attorney.
- Independent contracting attorney with local corporations.
- Franchise agreements and associated franchise matters.
University of New York,
click here New York, NY ~ Juries Doctor, May 2005
University of California, Berkeley, CA ~ Bachelor of Science in Speech, June 2000
- Major: Communication Studies; Minor: Business Institutions
American Bar Association, New York Lawyers Association, New York Bar Association