555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • Phone: (555) 555-5555 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael K. Silvey
PARALEGAL October 2005 – April 2010
- Worked directly with 5 attorneys and partners on cases involving granting permission for foreign nationals to work in U.S.
- Performed functions of junior attorney carrying out multiple aspects of case preparation and management.
- Communicate regularly with consulates and representatives of foreign countries to ensure all paperwork acquired and properly completed, all fees accounted for, and all regulations adhered
PARALEGAL December 2003 – October 2005
- Communicated Mistake #1 click heredirectly with clients and attorneys to perform intake interviews, provide case updates, and identify potential issues and problems.
- Conducted extensive legal research and analysis, and supported attorneys by attending depositions and overseeing case progress from inception through completion.
- Drafted and submitted various motions and declarations, including motions to reopen, convert, vacate dismissals, as well as preparing and processing amendments to petitions and collaborating with bankruptcy Trustees.
PARALEGAL July 2000 – November 2003
- Paralegal and Office Manager supporting a sole practitioner in a small fast-paced law office
- Provided excellent support in preparing interrogatories, memos, letters, pleadings, exhibits and briefs
- Conducted research in all cases including product liability, wrongful termination, insurance payout limits
- Trial preparation Mistake #2 click hereand mediation with Counsel attended
- Real Estate Title Reviewer
- Filed motions and pleadings with the court in person and online
- Managed discovery process
- Drafted documents including settlement statement and demand and correspondence
- Schedule meetings between attorney & client, maintained attorney calendar
- Responded to case audits
- Maintained and follow up on billing and collections, drafting medical bill reduction letters where necessary for settlement cases
- Monitored timelines on all cases
- Manage discovery process
- Manage cases from intake to final court decision and settlement
- Meet with new and existing clients
- Heavy client contact in person and over the phone
- Set up and provide translation for bilingual clients
- Serve as contact for third parties and non-parties
- Schedule trial dates, hearings and depositions
- Coordinate calendar with court clerks as necessary
- Request Courier and Court Reporter as needed
New York University; August 2001; A.A.S. Degree – Legal Assistant
MS Word, Excel, Mistake #3 click here Access, PowerPoint, Legal Solutions, Hot Docs, Abacus, Amicus Attorney, Omega, Summation, Timeslips, Lexis-Nexis, Trial Director 5, Westlaw and Microsoft XP.