(999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC Inc. 2009-2010
- Prepared legal documentation and correspondence such as summons, motions, subpoenas and complaints in Federal, Superior, State and Magistrate Courts throughout the state of Georgia.
- Maintained and Mistake #1 click here updated correspondence, pleadings and discovery documents.
- Scheduled depositions, conferences and appointments.
- Composed, prepared and transcribed correspondence from a Dictaphone.
- Prepared documentation directly through the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Input attorneys’ time, and clients’ monthly bills into billing software Time Matters Billing. Prepared clients’ bills monthly. General office management.
XYZ Corp. 2007-2008
Corporate Legal Assistant
- Preparation of correspondence and legal documents.
- See timely responses are made and deadlines met with respect to correspondence, hearing filings and lawsuits.
- Preparation of form documents for Counsel’s review.
- Log all contracts coming into the Legal Department for review.
- Administrative support for department.
- Update legal reference manuals and books.
- Attempt to learn how to do, and do, minor drafting of more or less routine forms, i.e., oil and gas assignments, etc. for Counsel’s review.
- Work with lawyers to prepare all documents required to form, dissolve, withdraw or merge corporations or partnerships in any state.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books, including drafting of resolutions and written consent under supervision of attorney.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of Board books for Board of Director meetings.
- Obtain and complete requisite applications and corporate consents for corporations.
- Coordinate the Mistake #2 click heregathering of information, documents necessary, and distribution of materials for the annual shareholder meeting under supervision of General Counsel – Corporate, Chief Governance Officer & Secretary.
- Assist lawyers in preparation of SEC filings with regard to periodic reporting, insider reporting, securities offerings and other dealings.
- Assist lawyers with legal research on various laws, rules, regulations and other subject matters.
- Assist lawyers with company-wide corporate governance training programs, including but not limited to Document Retention Program, Insider Trading Compliance and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Manage Document Retention Program and supervise department representatives and vendors. Coordinate archiving and retrieval of documents and maintain current and accurate document retention schedule. Provide training materials and coordinate presentations to department representatives.
- File and manage corporate filings with the Secretary of State’s of all domestic corporation and partnerships, including domestic foreign qualifications to do business filings.
- Monitor and facilitate updates to Corporate Governance section of website.
- Update and renew subscriptions, periodicals, desk manuals and other media types.
BCD Inc. 2006 – 2007
Legal Assistant – Real Estate
- Assisted in drafting pleadings, draft requests or responses to discovery, routine correspondence, order medical records and forward to experts.
- Scheduled depositions, meetings and conferences between all parties and copy client; travel arrangements; expense reports.
- Conferred with courts to schedule hearing dates and changes; notify all parties to include copies to client; update calendar.
- Maintained dockets on heavy caseloads.
- Electronic Filing in Federal cases and State cases.
- Set up new files Mistake #3 click here on computer, created new folders and maintained files in all cases.
- Submitted Litigation Case Report to client when initially set-up; prepared Budget Report for client.
ADDITIONAL KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Effective Gate-Keeper Self-Starter and Team Player Assist Multiple Principles
Exceptional Organizational Skills Confidentiality Dictation-Speedwriting
Skilled Proofreading & Editing Correspondence (electronic, written) Transcriptionist
Windows XP; Typing Speed: 80 wpm; Dictaphone
Available upon Request