555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • (555) 555-5555
Jesse L. Thibodeaux
Seeking a career opportunity to utilize my administrative and legal skills.
Legal Administrative Assistant 2006 to 2008
- Drafted and took transcription of dictation with desktop and laptop with former Chief Legal Counsel from November 2004 to June 2008.
- Arranged for all Mistake #1 click hereaspects of travel accommodations, domestic and international.
- Maintained electronic calendar and follow-up system.
- Maintained electronic and hard copy filing system using Excel database.
- Archived files to storage. Searched databases and retrieved archived files.
- Derived and increased customer service skills (from customer calls to BBB and AG complaints). Appeared on behalf of client in small claims court.
- Communicated and interfaced with various levels of management, both locally and internationally, increasing interpersonal skills.
- Prepared and responded to routine correspondence and e-mails involving sensitive and confidential information.
- Prepared expense reports.
- Assisted in monitoring contracts, NDAs for signatures and renewals.
- Maintained and updated law library.
- Worked through a successful move of the legal department within ABC, while assisting and coordinating through the transition to a new location.
- Increased experience in corporate and civil litigation support for corporate in-house environment involving sensitive and confidential documents.
- Provided assistance with corporate records and Minute Books.
- Provided assistance for financial billing records and budget reports.
- Provided assistance in updating monthly reports for VP and Corporate Counsel.
Legal Administrative Assistant 2002 to 2005
- Interact day-to-day with clients, partners and or associates as well as with fiduciary accountants
- Assemble and organize estate tax returns plus exhibits
- Assist with trust Mistake #2 click hereadministration, preparation of documents for funding trusts, obtaining tax ID numbers, filing of formation documents for entities such as limited liability companies and limited partnerships
- Preparation of documents relating to trust terminations, such as: court petitions and related court documents, receipts and releases, and resignation, appointment and acceptance of trusteeship documents
- In connection with purchase properties, interact with attorney(s), title company, bank, broker, managing agent in an effort to bring the transaction to an efficient and organized conclusion
- Other responsibilities as they may be assigned from time to time.
Legal Administrative Assistant 1999 to 2001
- Assisted staff with daily needs such as miscellaneous projects
- General Administrative functions
- Provided support Mistake #3 click here to bankruptcy department in a high volume, deadline atmosphere.
- Prepared various legal documents
- Daily communication with team members and clients in a professional manner
- Researching, reviewing and scanning all documents (mortgages, bankruptcy, foreclosures, exhibits, repurchase orders, demand letters, etc)
New York High School New York, NY
Available upon request