555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • (555) 555-5555 • email@example.com
Cortney A. Freeman
ABC Company (August, 2009 – December, 2009)
- Counseled and guided corporate controllers with financial record-keeping and profitand loss reports.
- Created and implemented method for mechanics lien claims for a law firm’s hospitality clients affected by the opening and closing of their restaurants and neighboring businesses.
- Represented Mistake #1 click herevarious civil litigation and corporate clients from case inception through resolution.
- Developed and managed all litigation matters for corporate and estate law firms.
- Counseled technology start-ups for legal and regulatory matters, business development and research.
- Assisted in the preparation of financial investment term sheets and investor reports.
XYZ Corporation (May, 2007 – May, 2009)
- Counseled large, national law firm on a variety of construction litigation matters around the country, including drafting and filing motion practice papers, litigation and arbitration preparation and prosecution, legal research and writing, as well as interpretation and analysis of technical disputes.
- Presided over Mistake #2 click herethe entire legal needs of a heavy civil contractor and of a material supplier including litigation, regulatory, general business, surety, and collection matters.
- Expedited, facilitated, and guided project close-out of several heavy civil projects including obtaining payments worth over $1.5MM from city and state contracting authorities.
DEF, Incorporated (September, 2008 – December, 2008)
- Examined the treatment of investigated soldier cases and made decisions pertaining to the required legal responses, whether they are: submitting indictments to the military courts, instruction concerning disciplinary law or closing an investigated case without adopting a legal stance.
- If an indictment Mistake #3 click here was submitted, continued to manage the criminal process in the military courts, on a step by step basis, including: detention hearings, preliminary arguments, evidentiary hearings, verdict arguments, sentencing arguments, and appeals.
- Negotiated with defense attorneys and offered plea bargains accordingly.
New York University, New York, NY
Juris Doctor; May 2009
- Dean’s Scholarship Recipient
- Member of the Volunteer Student Lawyer Project
University of California, San Diego, CA
Bachelor of Science in Business; June 2006
- Business Management Major