999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
ABC Inc, November 2005-Present
- Represented public and private corporations, financial and investment banks and private equity firms in domestic and cross border transactions in connection with acquisitions, divestitures and mergers, in both negotiated and auction scenarios, as well as, initial public offerings, restructurings, re-financings and other significant corporate matters.
- Drafted and negotiated various legal documents, including stock and asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, registration statements, proxy statements and other securities filings, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, escrow agreements, warrants, disclosure schedules, charters, bylaws, due diligence reports and board resolutions.
- Advised clients Mistake #1 click here on general corporation law and stock exchange rules, including with respect to governance, securities law filings and director fiduciary duties.
- Performed legal research and writing on various corporate issues under NY and DE law and federal securities law.
- Experience in various industries, including financial services, healthcare, energy, industrial goods, aircraft leasing, media, telecommunications, electronic components and insurance.
XYZ Corp, November 2000-2005
- Negotiated, drafted and reviewed customer, vendor and other corporate contracts including complex technology contracts, contracts for highly regulated industries.
- Counseled company executives and other internal stakeholders, including Sales, Finance, Tax, Sales Operations, and Compliance, on appropriate risk and reward tradeoffs.
- Supported Human Resources by reviewing and advising on non-compete agreements of prospective employees.
- Advised Financial Mistake #2 click here Services and negotiated dispute settlements involving payment and services.
- Ensured compliance for internal and external marketing promotions involving various issues in different states, including tax implications.
- Researched, advised and wrote memos on pertinent areas of law based upon various fact patterns that arose in distribution and reseller industry including, but not limited to, licensing issues, privacy and data protection issue.
Senior Corporate Attorney,
BCD Inc, January 2000 – October 2000
- Rebuilt human resources organization from ground up through promotion, recruitment and direction of a team of 50 officers, managers and employees recognized internally and externally for their operational and client dedication, expertise in training and organizational development while reducing operating budget by 10 percent.
- Negotiated with vendors gaining fee reductions, service improvements and cash concessions resulting in saving.
- Active member of Executive team providing counsel on human resources, national and international labor and employment issues, OSHA, technology integration including total changeover of reservation system, property management systems and human resources IT administration. Negotiated and drafted contracts, non-compete agreements, consulting agreements, general releases, litigation, mergers, sales, consolidations and other matters.
- Developed and executed Company’s strategic plan and implemented several organizational changes including successful realignment of all departments resulting in considerable cost savings and improved operational efficiency. Performed due diligence and seamless integration of employees through acquisition.
- Managed benefits Mistake #3 click hereteam, renegotiated health insurance contracts resulting in over $2 million in savings with limited reduction in benefits to employees, while maintaining competitive wages and benefits, 401k administration, municipal living wage compliance. Created original and dynamic employee bonus, reward and incentive plans.
- Decreased turnover, increased internal promotions, improved employee morale and eliminated outside recruitment costs by streamlining policies and procedures, improving career website, interviewing techniques, turnover tracking strategies and launch of a new field management succession plan.
- Successfully maintained a union free company through consistent communication and innovative training programs.
Legal Education Duke University Law Center, J.D., 1999
M.A. Rockefeller University, 1992, International Trade
B.S. Northwestern University, 1991, General Business
Proficient in Spanish; Excel