999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Home Phone 999-999-9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A results-driven buyer, sales professional, marketing manager and sales team leader with a distinguished career leading national initiatives in sales of consumer retail and wholesale products.
- Repeated success guiding sizable, cross-functional teams in the design and launch of business solutions driving record-setting revenues.
- An entrepreneurial thinker, polished presenter, and astute negotiator, able to forge solid personal relationships with industry partners, top 100 retailers, big box, mass merchants and hospitality clients.
- Consistently Mistake #1 click hereexceeded sales quotas as a road rep, sales manager, national sales manager, and director of sales for some of the most creative brand names in the decorative accessory, accent furniture, wall decor and lighting industry.
- Sales, marketing and business growth professional in retail furniture as store manager, buyer and managing partner in eleven full line furniture retail stores in the greater Atlanta area.
- My career over the years in sales, management, and as national sales manager have given me the experience to successfully manage teams to succeed, achieve, and exceed goals.
ABC Inc, ABC Town, NY 2009 – Present
Senior Contracts Manager
- Demonstrated strong leadership and negotiation skills while supporting domestic, international and government sales forces for a premier provider of security solutions with over $14 billion in annual revenues.
- Managed all aspects of high level customer accounts, primarily the review, drafting and negotiation of software licenses, maintenance agreements, professional services agreements (including statements of work), pre-sales agreements (i.e. evaluation licenses and teaming agreements), purchasing agreements, pricing agreements, consulting and subcontractor agreements, vendor agreements, reseller and partnership agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Worked in conjunction with Revenue Operations, Finance, Sales, Maintenance and Support Services, Bids and Proposals and all associated Senior Management by advising on deal structure, non-standard terms, alternative pricing etc. in order to resolve contractual issues and minimize legal risk and exposure pertaining to intellectual property ownership, service level arrangements, revenue recognition etc. Ensured contract compliance with internal business practices.
- Acted as the primary point of contact for Senior Management, Sales, Finance, Maintenance and Support Services and Operations for all Data Security Group (“DSG”) (a select group within the company whose sales pertain to data protection software and encryption, often based on open standards) matters and contracts.
- Provided on-going training and mentoring to Contracts Department, employees and sales personnel in the U.S., Europe and Asia, including the delivery of a quarterly presentation on company policies and the legal contracts process.
- Supervised work performance of junior level team members, administrative support personnel and Contractors.
- Responsible for delegation of work assignments to Contracts Department.
- Drafted legal models and templates for all aspects of business.
- Updated all form agreements on an on-going basis, maintaining consistency with internal business practices.
- Worked with Senior Management to develop company policies and procedures, including a contracts process manual.
- Prepared weekly spreadsheet for Senior Management on status of pending contracts and associated revenue.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY 2008 – 2009
Accounting and Contracts Manager
- Managed all accounting functions.
- Prepared budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Created a Microsoft Access database to manage fixed assets and depreciation schedule.
- Revised company Mistake #2 click heredocumentation including prospectus for stock valuation, accounting manual and company handbook.
- Created and maintained timesheets, personnel and payroll forms, and reports in Excel
- Procured all company supplies, furniture, and equipment.
- Implemented paperless archive system.
- Administered employee and company benefits to include health insurance, life insurance, and 401(k) plan.
- Managed contracts conforming to Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Prepared proposals and bid documents for prospective projects.
- Served as liaison between company and customer procurement agents.
BCD Inc, Any Town, NY 2000 – 2007
Sr. Billing & Contracts Manager
- Managed financial department with responsibility to the CFO and Comptroller for Budgeting, Forecasting, Accounts Payable and Receivable.
- Performed all monthly processing of weekly and bi-weekly and monthly contract invoices in order to ensure timely delivery of accurate invoices to clients. This activity included maintaining project and billing information in accounting systems, monitoring contract and subcontract activities to ensure compliance with applicable terms, policies, and regulations, and monthly contract financial reporting; along with assisting with FY budget planning.
- Interacted extensively with project managers and customers to ensure accurate billing and reporting.
- Responsible for posting new entries to appropriate accounts receivable system, proofed entries against daily cash report.
- Additionally, worked closely with project managers and customers to resolve billing disputes and to improve collections. Provided monthly financials to project managers and controller.
- Administered contracts throughout their life-cycle to include issuing subcontract agreements, reviewing submittals, and requesting modifications for government and private sector contracts.
- At the completion of each project, presented reports to project managers and CFO regarding contract conditions to be modified and changed in the event of similar situations in the future.
- Analyzed contracts for content, clauses and definition of understanding, contractual matters during in direct relation to requirements at the initial stages of all projects.
- Responsible for Mistake #3 click hereworking with auditors – prepared audit inputs, attended exit briefings, rebutted auditor findings if warranted, and reviewed and implemented audit recommendations.
- Coordinated and performed contract close-out actions, maintained close working relationship with Principals of company and all project managers.
- Prepared annual company accounts and reports, including Payroll and Sales Tax reports.
Proudly appointed and served on the New York Home Furniture Association executive board for 5 years. Served on the PTA executive school board from 1981-1990, appointed to the Local School Advisory Committee 1990-1995
A.A.S., Business Administration and Management
New York College, NY – GPA: 3.84
Continued education in business management seminars, have taken many business classes on law, labor law, ethics, sexual harassment, ADA, contracts and much more.