999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
PAYROLL SPECIALIST ( July 1, 2005 to 10-21-09)
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
- Work with the payroll team to meet published deadlines for payroll processing.
- Process manual payroll checks as requested and required.
- Prepare and Mistake #1 click here upload and, or enter a high-volume of employee data, including hourly, salary data and tax data using ADP payroll system.
- Handle incoming phone calls and e-mail inquiries from Human Resources contacts and employees in regards to payroll issues.
- Act as customer service agent to resolve problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Elevate issues as appropriate to Payroll department management.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality in matters that require discretion.
- Prepare journal entries for entry by the Accounting department.
- Assist with testing for system upgrades and enhancements.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- Maintain personnel files and administers payroll changes, i.e. new hires, transfers, promotions, separations, etc. using ADP payroll system.
- Perform payroll duties through ADP for approximately 1000 employees.
- Prepare and maintain garnishment liens and child support demands.
- Process verification of employment forms.
- Primary contact for the process of the payroll and 401k payments.
- Prepare month end journal closing reports.
- Prepare year end closing.
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (1999 – June, 2005 – job abolished)
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
- Process bi-weekly union and multi-state payroll for over 2,000 employees.
- Enforce child support garnishment orders, IRS garnishment and other garnishments orders.
- Check HR Assistant’s entries for accuracy.
- Process import Mistake #2 click hereation of electronic time keeping files, all payroll transactions with regards to new hires, terminations, changes in pay rates, manual checks, direct deposits, W-4, benefit plan deductions and all other payroll transactions for both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Research and maintained detailed files regarding employee garnishments and related payroll deductions in order to provide advance notice to employees regarding new garnishments and coordinates all communications with outside agencies regarding the same.
- Assist with creating, organization of payroll files and filing of payroll data, and distribution of paychecks.
- Assist manager with special projects regarding payroll system upgrades, PTO (paid time off) auditing, year-end W-2 audit and processing, report writing, payroll reconciling, and other projects as requested.
- Track and process escheatment.
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (1996 – 1999)
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
- Accurate and timely payroll processing of 3,000+ multi-state and international employees.
- Communicate to non-exempt employees regarding deadlines and submissions of time cards, verify time cards for appropriate approvals and accuracy and enter into ADP Pay Expert for payment.
- Process data entry of new hires and ensuring all appropriate documentation and approval is received.
- Process employee maintenance changes to include: Compensation, department and employee transfers; Status changes due to leave of absence; Address and direct deposit changes; Changes to tax status for Federal and State; 401K enrollments and changes; Benefit deduction enrollments and changes.
- Process manual adjustments and checks for special pays, etc, process exercised stock options received from Stock Administrator, run audit reports before and after transmitting payroll to ensure accuracy of all input, changes, and adjustments, coordinate with various departments such as HR and Benefits for the accuracy of payroll processing and payroll records, process check and wire requests as needed to Accounts Payable, verify and input PTO hours taken into ADP, administer Wage Garnishments,
- Organize and Mistake #3 click here distribute payroll checks and vouchers, provide customer service and respond in a timely manner to employees payroll related issues and inquiries,
- Research and respond to notices received from federal and state taxing authorities, organize and maintain all payroll records, ensure compliance to tax laws. Federal Labor Standards Act and State Labor laws, assist Payroll Supervisor on special projects and assignments as necessary, work with Payroll Supervisor to set priorities, meet deadlines and future projects.
Bachelor of General Studies, 1999
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- IBM, MACINTOSH Microsoft Windows 2003, Word Perfect, Excel , Outlook, Power Point, Graphic Announcements
- Payroll Software
- Infinite Vision Payroll Software
- Quicken 2000