999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY 11/2008 to Present
- Processed payroll via ADP in accordance with the state and federal laws and in accordance with company pay regulations bi-weekly for 2000+ employees.
- Verified new hire Mistake #1 click here paperwork complies with requirements and entered into ADP.
- Prepared and transmitted direct deposit files by deadlines.
- Practiced timely and accurate preparation of all payroll operations working closely with Human Resources department to ensure that payroll actions was in conformance with employment benefits practices and accounting procedures.
- Ensured proper employee contribution deductions were in place for medical, dental insurance, 401k, flex spending, transit and parking reimbursements.
- Interfaced routinely with Human Resources on employee benefits issues (deductions, workers compensation, vacation, retirement payments, 401 (k) plan, COBRA, etc.) to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Responsibly verified time card completion, insured all approval signatures were in place and provided resolution for any discrepancies.
- Responded to external agencies for pay data info.
- Administered wage garnishment requests and remitted payments.
- Managed all payroll general ledger accounts, to include account reconciliations and monthly accruals.
- Managed the federal and state payroll tax reporting, including quarterly and year-end returns.
- Prepared, reviewed and transmitted federal, state and related filings by due dates.
- Updated employee changes in salary, status and billing information, etc.
- Provided favorable input in the development and monitoring of payroll accounting internal controls and procedures.
- Prepared payroll-related broadcast communications for distribution to all employees.
- Maintained accurate payment and reporting of federal, state & related payroll taxes.
- Compiled and filed required reports for year-end close, year-end reporting and processing of W-2’s.
- Developed and presented payroll-related presentations to upper management.
- Completed special projects accurately and within the allocated time frame.
XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY 02/2003 to 06/2007
- Managed payroll process with time & attendance systems, general ledger interfaces & business rules that includes multi state payroll processing.
- Created and Mistake #2 click hereorganized garnishment & child support payment request forms & prepared termination letter notifications to court.
- Audited & validated data transmitted to 3rd party administration for insurance carriers, FSA, & 401K plans to ensure data integrity & accuracy.
- Answered telephone questions on payroll issues.
- Reconciled payroll bank account & developed process to eliminate outstanding checks.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in transforming & streamlining a process for better efficiency & help reduce the risk for errors.
- Applied knowledge of payroll accounting to payroll function.
- Applied secretarial skills in preparing excel spreadsheets for requested information, composed and typed letters, typed up process documentations, phone customer service with inter company associates and with sources of garnishment & child support orders.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY 09/1999 to 08/2002
- Enter and maintain all payroll information all employees (system set-up, time sheet collection, time entry, labor reclassifying entries, 401k deductions and loans, advance, other deductions, employee tax withholding, garnishments, salary increases, retroactive pay adjustments, bonuses, direct deposit).
- Reconcile pay adjustments, leave, 401k, FSA and Bonuses bi-weekly.
- Enter Journal Entries, Cash Receipts and Payroll deduction.
- Create a weekly Task sheet for record keeping of adjustments for each payroll.
- Respond and research any issues regarding payroll.
- Provide support Mistake #3 click hereto the Chief Financial Officer and Controller as needed.
- Process manual and void checks and employee adjustments as required.
- Assist with Timekeeping in as needed.
- Assist Human Resource with all issues related to employee entering and exits from the company.
- Assist in the preparation and review of year-end reconciliations pertaining to payroll.
- Assist in the review and distribution W-2 forms.
- Assist with auditing and verifying the accuracy of all semi-monthly payroll information for the Controller.
B.S. Business Administration – September 2002 – University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
A.A. Business – December 2000 – Ohio State University, Columbus
Certified Payroll Professional
Certificate of Completion: Excel 2007