999 Any Town
Any Town, NY 99999
To obtain a part-time position in the business field this will allow me to utilize my skills.
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY 06/07-Present
- Managed the daily, in house Payroll Processing and Benefit Administration for up to 1,000 employees in multiple states. Directly supervised Assistant Payroll Manager and 4Payroll Clerks.
- Prepared and Mistake #1 click heresubmitted all Federal, State, County, & Local tax reports and payments in accordance with agency requirements & disputed unwarranted penalties when necessary.
- Assured the proper administration, processing, and tax ability of all fixed, voluntary Deductions and Benefits programs including Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, FSA for Medical and Dependent Care, GTL, AD&D, LTD, 401K, and NQDC Plans. Directed the administration of child support orders, levies, and wage assignments in compliance with Child Support Agencies, State Agencies, and Internal Revenue Service.
- Performed Payroll banking functions: Set-up employees for Direct Deposit, sent ACH files to the bank, verified bank records on submission date and effective date of payments, notified the bank of voids, stop payments and reviewed notices from the bank regarding the inability to direct deposit to employee accounts.
- Completed all Year End Payroll Operations including issuing W-2’s, Annual Reconciliations, Submission of wage data to the appropriate state, local governments, and balancing of all Payroll Accounts. Reconciled General Ledger accounts to the Payroll postings and prepared appropriate Journal Entries.
- Coordinated payroll policies and procedures with Human Resources, Accounting and Division Managers. Issued appropriate reports to Managers and Internal and External auditors.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY 2006-2007
- Manage all aspects of the payroll for 200 employees to ensure that payroll transactions were accurate and in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Focus on process improvements to ensure efficiency through automating functions and creating interfaces.
- Prepare monthly Mistake #2 click here payroll and accounting journal entries, including reconciliations of payroll related GL accrual accounts.
- Work closely with HR to ensure all payrolls related changes were completed in a timely manner and created audits to ensure the integrity of both databases.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures were properly followed as well as maintaining accurate payroll internal controls and SOX compliance documentation.
- Implement new earnings, deductions codes and map them to the correlating general ledger accounts
- Responsible for all aspects of year-end procedures and W-2s.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY 1996-2006
- Manage the payroll department both in house and off sight.
- Processing of the payroll for 500+ employees at several locations.
- Preparing, reviewing and verifying, quarterly and annual tax reconciliation reports.
- Verifying changes Mistake #3 click here in Federal, State and local tax regulations.
- Reconciliation of the payroll accounts and General Ledger.
- Reconciliation of all check registers on a bi-weekly basis.
- Oversee all Hotel and Travel booking done by employees.
Bachelor’s Degree-Business Administration, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, 1995
People Soft, Lawson, JD Edwards, Pay Base, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.