7/2007- Present ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
- Weekly payroll for approximately 500.
- Supervision for 5 reports, including reviews.
- Handle customer service and account supervision.
- Process payrolls Mistake #1 click here using payroll software.
- Set up billing for clients.
- Check payrolls for accuracy and package for shipping.
11/1998 – 4/2007 XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
- Oversee and supervise the company’s multi-state biweekly payroll processing including uploading and processing of all time and attendance records from the timekeeping system, and the consolidation of all payroll data.
- Review payroll reports and payroll general ledger journal entries, reconcile payroll cash accounts and reconcile all periodic, quarterly, and year-end payroll tax filings prepared by payroll tax filing agent.
- Manage and oversee the internal payroll processing functions within the company HRMS and ensure system maintenance and accuracy is maintained at all times.
- Set up new payroll companies, new state and local tax filings and other payroll related transactions as necessary. Terminate and delete payroll companies and tax filing accounts, as deemed appropriate by management.
- Act as liaison for Mistake #2 click herecompany with payroll tax filing agency for federal, state and local tax filings. Ensure that all appropriate filings are completed in a timely manner and any questions or problems are resolved as soon as possible.
- Analyze and reconcile all employee payroll benefit deductions such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401(k) contributions, 401k loans, flexible spending accounts, HSA contributions, garnishments, tax levies, etc.
- Act as liaison with Human Resources department to ensure approved and authorized payroll adjustments are accurately implemented in the payroll system (i.e. new hires, terminations, merit increases and other salary adjustments, bonuses, etc.).
- Research and maintain detailed files regarding employee garnishments and related payroll deductions. Provide advance notice to employees regarding new garnishments and coordinate all related communications with outside agencies.
- Work closely with supervisor and the finance department to develop, document and implement standard and compliant payroll internal process controls.
- Work on special projects regarding HRMS, payroll system updates, completing and processing annual merit increases, quarterly 401(k) plan contribution enrollments and changes and year-end W-2 audit and processing.
- Work closely with external auditors on the company’s annual financial audit and the annual company 401(k) plan audit.
05/1998– 11/1998 BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
- Oversaw the Worker’s Compensation audits.
- Reconciled Various Payroll Accounts, including assisting with Bank Reconciliation’s.
- Implemented Policy and Procedures within the Payroll Department.
- Audited the Payroll Processing for 500 Employees to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Prepared and reconciled W2’s.
- Implemented and Mistake #3 click herewrote various reports to ensure accuracy before and after processing payroll.
- Implemented and Manage the Paid Time Off Policy with in Payroll.
- Managed and controlled the General Ledger interface from ADP to the General Ledger.
- ADP PC and Payroll for Windows, Report-Smith
- Accounting Software’s: SAP and Microsoft Great Plains
- Microsoft Office
- University of California Los Angeles
- BS, Information System Management and Mgmt Studies, May 1997