999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
Cell: 999-999-9999 ● email@example.com
Human resources professional with a master’s degree in human resource management and more than 10 years in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating human resources policies, programs and procedures and advising managers and employers on personnel matters.
HR Specialist from 11/08-Present
- Researched associate paycheck issues or discrepancies, and manually calculated paycheck adjustments as necessary.
- Assisted in Mistake #1 click heregarnishment processing to include processing garnishment refund checks, filing, and completing and mailing letters to multiple garnishment agencies.
- Maintained organized filing system.
- Assist associates with paycheck stop pay and reissue process.
- Enter all paper, e-mail exception logs received from the field on a daily basis. Monitor, review, approve, and reject exceptions on a daily basis.
Human Resource Specialist from 10/05 – 3/07
- Manage full recruiting cycle including job requisition, sourcing, recruiting, screening, interviewing, background checks, offer generation, on-boarding process and new hire orientation.
- Compile job descriptions, review job functions, and verify on-the-job trainings for all new hires.
- Conduct termination process for voluntarily and involuntarily terminations.
- Administer benefits programs for current and former employees.
- Proactively provide HR partnership to the client groups to meet business objectives.
- Deliver HR guidance and service to assist business units achieve group objectives.
- Liaison between payroll department and employees to resolve discrepancies.
- Develop training programs.
- Research, develop, implement and execute company-wide HR policies, procedures and programs to achieve corporate strategies and objectives.
- Responsible for Mistake #2 click heremaintaining personnel files and revise Employee Handbook.
- Administer leave of absence including FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL and SDI.
- Created SOP (Standard Operation Procedures) for the Human Resources department.
- Investigate employee grievances and conferred with legal counsel as necessary.
- Provide responses and supporting documents for litigation defenses.
- Conduct training to managers and supervisors on topics include labor law, sexual harassment, workers’ compensation, interview tips, and hiring and terminating employees.
- Provide business recommendations to executive officers and department managers.
- Administer company’s travel and expense reimbursement policy.
- Represent company at professional and college job fairs.
HR Specialist from 01/00 – 07/05
- Responsible for full life-cycle recruiting.
- Interviewing candidates.
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, internet recruiting resources, recruiting firms, employee referrals and other means as required.
- Arranging job fairs with various representatives.
- Type, format, prepare and maintain various documents to include but not limited to letters, memorandums, reports, briefings, spreadsheets, policies, procedures, brochures and manuals.
- Maintain data in HRIS database.
- Benefit administration which include health, dental, life, 401K, disability, FMLA, vision, etc.
- Establish and maintain official documents and records in appropriate files or binders to include all contracts, RFP’s and amendments.
- Performs administrative support to the Recruiting function to include: recruitment and compensation (salary surveys).
- Maintain current Mistake #3 click hereknowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws.
- Maintain and organize recruitment process paperwork. Assure all necessary paperwork is submitted in a timely and complete manner.
- Contact applicants to inform them of employment possibilities and conduct reference and background checks on applicants as necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Responsible for employment advertising for all open vacancies. Advertising is to include but not limited to: local newspapers, trade publications, posting of positions with Employment Agencies, and company webpage.
- Maintain applicant tracking system.
- Conduct research for assigned projects.
- Responsible for conducting salary surveys for all positions on all new proposals.
- Handle confidential and non-routine information in a professional manner.
MS in Human Resource Management and Development (SHRM Accredited Program) – Cumulative GPA: 3.75
Grad – May 2003 University of Iowa
Foundations of Human Resources; Compensation and Benefits Strategy and Plan Design;
Advanced Labor Relations and Employment Law; Financial Management; Coaching Skills; Business Strategy and Ethics; Organizational Behavior; Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management
BS in Psychology – Cumulative GPA: 3.75 – Magna cum Laude – Grad – June 2000
New York University
- Affiliation & Distinctions: Society of Human Resource Management
- Computer Skills: Windows 95-XP, Macintosh, Microsoft Office Suite, Photo shop
- HRIS: People Soft 8.3, People Soft 8.9, People Trak