999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • firstname.lastname@example.org • (999) 999-9999 C • (999) 999-9999 H
10 years progressive experience in Human Resource Management including:
- TALENT ACQUISITION & MANAGEMENT
- POLICY DEVELOPMENT
- BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- A Human Resources Leader with management, training, employee relations, counseling, and benefits experience in a progressively dynamic and challenging environment within the advertising, printing, insurance and non-profit industries.
- Expert in staff Mistake #1 click here training, development, and performance management to meet operating and financial goals with extensive experience in workforce diversity, team building, and group leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of employment laws including EEO, OSHA, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, ADA, and FLSA.
- A hands-on motivational manager who seeks the best in individuals by teaching, involving and rewarding the ‘person’ resulting in superior team development and company growth.
- General business and accounting experience.
- Member, Society of Human Resources Management
- Member of Human Resource Management Association of Western New England.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with strong working knowledge of various printers and copiers.
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
ABC INC. Any Town, NY
- Oversaw the implementation of the new database system for Human Resources and Payroll.
- Reorganized the Mistake #2 click here collective bargaining management teams and legal advisors roles and teams.
- Partnered with the President’s Cabinet on reduction in force plan and negotiated with the unions.
- Collaborated with upper management on efficiency plan for the workforce.
- Trained HR Staff on teambuilding and conflict resolution skills.
- Trained HR Staff on Worker’s Compensation program and significantly saw decreases in number of claims and cost of claims by implementing a highly involved claims program.
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES PLANNING
February 2003 – July 2006
XYZ CORP. Any Town, NY
- Managed Human Resources Planning activities for more than twenty affiliated companies, subsidiaries or business units throughout the world, including Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific. Introduced measures to reduce operating budget of $14 million by $3 million without compromising organizational effectiveness.
- Implemented core planning strategies to effect consistency with corporate headquarters overall planning objectives.
- Worked closely with international personnel to resolve country-specific regional planning problems; examples include developing cost-effective policies to meet specific European Union directives on social agenda mandates.
- Prepared numerous position papers on planning issues accepted by senior corporate headquarters as policy for entire corporation.
- Developed expertise in workplace substance abuse issues; created highly effective alcohol and drug program stewardship model adopted for worldwide use.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER & EMPLOYEE BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR
Aug. 2000 – Feb. 2003
BCD INC. Any Town, NY
- Quarterly Human Resources Reports to the Board of Trustees
- Responsible Officer for obtaining visas (J-1 and H-1B) for foreign Postdoctoral Research Fellows
- Manage the compensation program and conduct wage survey within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Manage budget for Human Resources.
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews.
- Represents organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
- Keep records of hired employee characteristics for all levels of governmental reporting purposes.
- Negotiate all employee benefits contracts.
- Created and maintain personnel file system (domestic and international offices).
- Keep current compliance with government agencies at all levels.
- Responsible for Worker’s Compensation Claims.
- Designed and implemented “back to work after injury” program.
- Implemented and maintained drug testing program in both Washington and California.
- Liaison between management, hourly employees, and the union.
- Designed program Mistake #3 click here and trained mid-managers in personnel policy and paperwork.
- Recruited, screened and interviewed potential new hires in all departments.
- Counseled employees with work related problems.
- Work closely with attorney, mediated in sexual harassment reports and claims.
- Authored employee policy manual and Personnel Paperwork Guide, and trained retail store managers in WA and CA.
BS, INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND MARKETING 1999
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY Any Town, NY
PROFESSIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES DESIGNATION (PHR) 2008