999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • cell 999-999-9999 • home 999-999-9999 • email@example.com
Human Resources professional recognized for being a valued business partner in diverse environments. Outstanding “generalist” experience in multi-site business locations with particular experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Employee Relations
- Policy Development
- Staffing & Retention
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Development
- Full Generalist Experience
- Benefit Design and Management
- Employee Training and Development
- Labor & Union Relations
- Salary and Succession Planning
- Compensation Management
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
Director of Human Resources Dec 2004 – Aug 2009
- Played a key role Mistake #1 click here in insuring the successful launch of each yearly startup. Structured and implemented programs and policies in the areas of training, compensation, benefits packages, incentives and new-employee orientation.
- Fostered a teamwork and open-door environment conducive to positive dialogue across the organization. Personal efforts were the driving force behind departmental employee-retention rate of 89% within an industry where high turnover is the norm.
- Negotiated salary and benefit offers and sign-on bonus packages annually for exempt levels.
- Validated workers compensation files into full compliance. Correlated training of managers and associates on procedures to follow in case of an injury or emergency.
- Reduced benefits costs by 25% annually through meticulous recordkeeping and insuring that company did not pay for benefits for which employees were not eligible.
- Completed employee manual covering disciplinary procedures, code of conduct, FMLA and LOA and benefits policies.
- Introduced company’s first formal performance review program, creating a flexible and well received tool on the intranet that was later adopted company-wide for consistency.
- Wrote and attained job descriptions across all levels. “Shadowed” and interviewed employees to construct an accurate picture of the duties and skills required for each position.
- Arranged companywide committee facilitation with rotational participation of employees.
- Stimulated and managed office administration, reception and facility security as well as space planning.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
Director of Human Resources March 2001- Dec 2004
- Member of the Executive Committee (EC), handling all HR related matters in the property.
- Partnered with the Finance Director to learn and implement a newly conceived property level forecast and budgeting system, training new EC members on the process and reviewing and editing their numbers prior to submission.
- Actively participated in monthly P&L review and forecast meetings with Corporate Officers
- Successful in co-leading the transition of flags from Westin to Hilton in January 2008.
- Effectively moved brand awareness and the internal culture from Starwood to Hilton by presenting “new” orientations, standards trainings, workshops and other communication methods to all Team Members.
- Together with the EC team, worked through a $27+ million renovation which included adding guest rooms, a new Executive Lounge and an IACC approved Executive Meeting Center.
- Maintained an Mistake #2 click hereoverall employee satisfaction rating in the high 70’s during the renovation period despite a reduction in schedules, limited selling opportunities and the team having to handle increased guest complaints.
- Established relationships with local colleges, hospitality and culinary schools to improve applicant pool talent.
- Maintained a “union-free” status at the property by ensuring HR was viewed as a neutral and fair resource.
- Reinstituted and led a line level committee of associates purposed to improve employee moral, guest satisfaction and the hotel’s community involvement.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
Director of Human Resources March 2000- Dec 2000
- Oversee all US-based functions for a leading global luxury goods business.
- Create an HR department from the ground up; implement policies and procedures, design of a performance appraisal system, create an employee handbook, develop job descriptions.
- Work closely with business leaders to develop a strategy to strengthen and improve upon the infrastructure of the organization within a changing environment.
- Design and develop an ongoing corporate training and development program for sales staff, mid-level staffers and managers.
- Design a strategy for succession planning and best hiring practices.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of strategic hiring practices in alignment with corporate growth objectives.
- Benchmark compensation to align with US market and global structure.
- Generate business assessment for VP, evaluating existing structure, staffing needs and compensation as it impacts current and future business.
- Review and Mistake #3 click hereenhance corporate benefits programs.
- Oversee all HR management responsibilities, including employee relations and counseling, execution of annual budgets, payroll and benefits.
- Responsible for all office management functions including office relocation and renovations.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND AFFILIATIONS
Society of Human Resources Management (National, and local affiliations)
Proficient in Windows XP, Excel, Power-point, ABRA, ADP, Kronos, Ceridian, and CGC
New York University of NY Any Town, NY
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Human Resources Concentration
PHR – Professional in Human Resources Designation –New York University
Available Upon Request