999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • Home: (999) 999-9999 • Cell: (999) 999-9999 • Email: email@example.com
Seeking a challenging position in Test Engineering
Test Engineer, ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
September 2007 to December 2009
- Selected to complete 10 Gigabit per second optical and electrical production tester code and test sequences, insuring on time transfer to off-shore production.
- Co-designed new generation 12-channel optical and electrical offshore test system. Designed and wrote production Lab view code and Test stand sequences.
- Designed prototype-engineering tester aiding product development and engineering experiments.
- Wrote automation Mistake #1 click here test code for engineering tester to facilitate high volume shipment of engineering samples.
- Redesigned obsolete test system for new style product, saving tester cost, aiding development and insuring early shipments of engineering samples.
- Designed low cost system leading to pass and fail testing of parts before and during burn-in testing.
- Eliminated false failures and reduced test time by re-designing existing test system, using fewer components and code enhancements.
Test Engineer, XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
August 2001 to January 2007
- Managed the test program to simultaneously upgrade six models to upcoming emissions regulations.
- Proposed design improvements to improve engine and hydraulic cooling and reduce noise levels.
- Developed Lab view programs to control automated test processes, data acquisition and database functions
- Visited customer and field test sites to evaluate the product and customer issues.
- Designed solutions to correct problems with overheating at high altitude on several models.
- Prepared and presented training sessions.
- Researched and developed capital budget proposals for the Director and Vice President.
- The projects included design and construction of a cooling test facility and development of a GPS based driverless machine to accelerate endurance testing.
- Project budgets ranged from $ 50,000 to $250,000 and were estimated to result in $600,000 in project savings.
- Participated in FMEA’s and design reviews.
- Developed a fan shroud that reduced the overall machine noise level by over 1 decibel and improved cooling by 5 degrees at no increase in cost.
Test Engineer, BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
June 1993 to April 2001
- Developed and performed test plans for proprietary hybrid (TDM and IP) digital phone systems and 3rd party SIP telecom products and ancillary equipment and software applications.
- Well versed, working knowledge of Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and TC and IP configuration and of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) testing in multi-node LAN and WAN environment.
- Working knowledge of 802.11x, wireless access point and handset configuration with emphasis on security implementation and testing.
- Always tested from Mistake #2 click herea customer-centric, end user point of view, producing more accurate and timely results.
- Designed, constructed, documented and maintained a multi-node IP network environment including remote WAN access via VPN utilizing Cisco, LinkSys, Net gear and NEC routers and switches and 802.3af PoE (power over Ethernet). Configured VLAN‘s to enhance multi-user flexibility and test isolation.
- Recreated customer LAN and WAN environment to verify and resolve field trial issues capturing and interpreting network data acquired with WireShark and other packet sniffing products.
- Optimized procedures and testing methodology to minimize alpha test time.
- Worked closely with software development group in resolving software bug fixes and verification.
- Logged and tracked system and software anomalies by creating Engineering Incident Reports (EIR) using Lotus Notes database.
- Chaired weekly inter-departmental review meeting to decide on status and resolution of software and hardware issues affecting timely release of product to Beta field trial sites.
- Strong software development skills in Lab VIEW and C and C++.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents and schematics.
- Strong computer software skills in MS Office.
- Extensive experience using DOS and Windows 95 and 98 and XP.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize work.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work Mistake #3 click here independently as well as a team member.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of organization and external customers.
B.S. Electrical Engineering from New York University of Engineering & Technology, New York, NY, 1991