999 Main Town, NY
Any Town, NY
Home: (999) 999-9999
Cell: (999) 999-9999
Seeking a challenging position in Test Engineering
Test Engineer, ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
September 2007 to December 2009
- Co-designed new generation test system.
- Designed and Mistake #1 click herewrote production Lab view code and Test stand sequences.
- Designed prototype-engineering tester aiding product development and engineering experiments.
- Wrote automation test code for engineering tester to facilitate high volume shipment of engineering samples.
- Redesigned obsolete test system for new style product, saving tester cost, aiding development and insuring early shipments of engineering samples.
- Designed low cost system leading to pass and fail testing of parts before and during burn-in testing.
- Eliminated false failures and reduced test time by re-designing existing test system, using fewer components and code enhancements.
Test Engineer, XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
August 2001 to January 2007
- Managed the test program.
- Proposed design improvements to improve products.
- Developed Lab view programs to control automated test processes, data acquisition and database functions.
- Visited customer and field test sites to evaluate the product and customer issues.
- Designed solutions to correct problems.
- Prepared and presented training sessions.
- Researched and Mistake #2 click here developed capital budget proposals.
- Participated in FMEA’s and design reviews.
Test Engineer, BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
June 1998 to April 2001
- Developed and performed test plans.
- Well versed, working knowledge of Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and TCP , IP configuration and of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) testing in multi-node LAN AND WAN environment.
- Working knowledge of 802.11x, wireless access point and configuration with emphasis on security implementation and testing.
- Always tested from a customer-centric, end user point of view, producing more accurate or timely results.
- Designed, constructed, documented and maintained a multi-node IP network environment including remote WAN access via VPN utilizing Cisco, Link Sys, Net gear and NEC routers or switches. Configured VLAN‘s to enhance multi-user flexibility and test isolation.
- Optimized procedures and testing methodology to minimize alpha test time.
- Worked closely with software development group in resolving software bug fixes and verification.
- Logged and tracked system and software anomalies by creating Bugs.
- Chaired weekly inter-departmental review meeting to decide on status and resolution of software and hardware issues affecting timely release of product.
- Strong development skills in C, C++.
- Extensive experience in using current probes, oscilloscopes, signal generators, signal analyzers and millimeters.
- Proficiency in analyzing signals and data.
- Ability to read, Mistake #3 click hereanalyze and interpret complex documents and schematics.
- Strong computer software skills in MS Office.
- Extensive experience using DOS and Windows 95/98 -XP.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize work.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of organization and external customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to dissect problems and projects into manageable tasks.
- Worked in organizations with strict quality procedures.
- Ability to accurately estimate time required to complete tasks.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
B.S. Electrical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, 1997