999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • Home: (999) 999-9999 • Cell: (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph A Surace
- More than 15 years experience in electrical and electronic technologies, communication networks including active and passive network design, RF filters, innovative product development and Research & Development.
- Fluent in test, Mistake #1 click hereproblem solving, failure analysis and hands on proto type development.
- Skilled in technical writing and intensive documentation of design efforts.
- Extremely versatile, adaptable and dependable in a team effort environment.
RF Engineer and POR Support Engineer – ABC Inc., Any Town, NY 01/2008-06/2008
- Compile and submit Mistake #2 click hereradio addition requests to National team twice a month. Once validated, submit to Change Control Board for approval in order to get the final requests implemented.
- Help RF team in identifying new sites as RF solution to sites which have reached maximum capacity on number of carriers per sector.
- Run predictions and prepare coverage plots to get GSM coverage with and without new sites using Forsk Atoll software.
RF Engineer, Prudence Technologies – XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY 01/2000 – 06/2007
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) Transceiver Design- Heterodyne receiver and Direct Conversion Transmitters were used in reference with the standard 802.11b.
- Design of a 2.14-GHz Bipolar LNA – Designed, layout and tested a low-power 2.14GHz Double Poly Bipolar (DPBP) LNA using a 0.35 µm TSMC process. Behavioral analysis was done in MATLAB and transistor level simulation was done using Specter RF. Layout was done using Cadence Virtuoso Layout Editor.
RF Engineer – BCD Inc, Any Town, NY 06/1996 – 10/1999
- Detect & Mitigate RF interferers that affect network performance (iDEN, CDMA, EVDO).
- Re-banding: provide RF support for reallocation of the EMSR spectrum.
- Carrier deployments: identifying trouble areas, ordering materials, & organizing equipment installation.
- Special events: Mistake #3 click hereplanning, optimization, deployment of temporary cell sites for events.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer tickets.
- Drive testing: post processing & presenting data.
- Address public safety issues for City of New York and surrounding suburbs.
- FCC compliance: MPE calculations, EME surveys, E911.
- BDA & DAS systems: troubleshooting, site surveys, donor allocation, interference analysis.
Education & Credentials
Degree: Associate of Science Electronic Technology, New York College, New York, NY
Certificate: Lean Management and Lean Manufacturing Workshop, New York College, New York, NY
Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
Eagle ware GENESYS V6 & V8 EXCEL 2003
Circuit Maker PRO – Advanced Analyses MS Word
MICRO – CAP 2 MS Works
SPICE Math Cad
Touchstone RF Windows XP 2000