999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • 999.999.9999 cell • email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/Profile
Keywords: Project, Manager, Engineer, Embedded Processor, leader, leadership, verification, training, goals, medical, consumer, products, responsible, analysis, risk
Product Development Engineer: Bringing Engineering Excellence to your company
Engineering professional with 10 years of new product engineering development combined with 5+ years of Project Management experience. Strong skills in team leadership, negotiations, communications, and facilitation. Exceptional management skills of product development from inception to consumption in the industrial, medical, and consumer markets
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Embedded processors 8-bit & 16-bit, assembly, C, battery management, touch-screens, ADC, DAC, CODEC, CAN bus, FMEA, risk identification and mitigation, Schematic capture, PCB layout techniques, AutoCAD 2-D and 3D modeling
- Design for specifications, cost reductions, test-ability and manufacture-ability
- Motors, air conditioners, and hydraulic and pneumatic values and actuators
- Comprehensive Mistake #1 click hereproject plans including extensive budget and concise schedules
- Multiple projects with global teams, assuring cost and schedule compliance, adherence to specifications, and customer satisfaction
- Monitor, train, and mentor design engineers and development teams
Customer, Engineering and Management Relations
- Skillfully negotiate with challenging customers who require exacting specifications and accelerated schedules
- Go-to person for technical details, product training, and marketing assistance
- Professional PowerPoint presentations for status, training, and kick-off meetings
- Played critical role in obtaining and managing $3M+ project contract from SKAGGS for original police surveillance systems for patrol cars
- Prevented major schedule slippage of $1.5M motor protection relay project by asserting technical expertise
- Combined 4 major HVAC projects saving $1.2M in equipment and resource allocation
- Received “Excellence in Engineering” award, for the expedient completion of a product with stringent design requirements
Engineering & Maintenance Manager 2006 – Current
ABC INC, ANY TOWN, NY
- Manage the engineering and maintenance operation of Las Angeles Plant, including capital projects.
- Lead the transition to a lean manufacturing operation.
- Develop the new Mistake #2 click here production process generated $1.3 million in saving for 2009. The savings were made in energy, raw materials and cull reduction.
- Develop the integrated quality control process that lead to a 33% reduction in costumer complains increased the plant availability from 89% to 97% in less than a year.
- Reduced the maintenance cost by 40%, champion plant for North America.
- Managed a staff of 4 engineers, 2 technicians and 14 hourly employees.
Engineering Director 2004 – 2006
XYZ CORP, ANY TOWN, NY
- Initiate the first engineering product prototype design, communication channel model and its first system SOC architectural model using Matlab, C and C++ and Verilog language. Developed the silicon design engineering plan and its timing architecture.
- Lead the system development effort for Studio Controller. Perform circuit, board and software design and verification for the mixed-signal board and the chip set development including optical-mechanical mouse sensing and vector-tracking system. The hardware system includes Flash ADC, PLL, and IR-data communication system, an IR receiver system and a key-character translation system and a USB-based PC interface system. The IC chip-set system works as the key intellectual property for the project. The system was later upgraded to Blue-to-based chip set system. The product system board design was transferred to Forward Electronics for OEM.
- Design Studio Controller with LCD display. The bi-stable display is for battery-operated wireless hand-held device. The same driver and controller can be used for bi-stable LCD display and STN-LCD display. We also used Solomon Systech’s LCD touch panel driver, Wintek Display, Kent Display and VL’s Display.
- Invented the Studio Controller Hardware system, the input software system, and the high resolution track-ball mouse and vector computation system and the communication module.
- Team size: 15 people at most. 3 analog designers, 4 digital designers, 2 software programmers, 2 board and firmware designer, 2 ID designers, and 2 application engineers.
Engineering Associate 2001 – 2004
BCD INC, ANY TOWN, NY
- Develop test plans, protocols, and procedures to assist clients in making design and testing methodology decisions and conclusions and assist in achieving FDA 510k approval.
- Formulate policy to determine the scope of projects as well as plan, develop, and negotiate budget and resource allocations; perform periodic review to assess achievement of major goals.
- Initiate, design, Mistake #3 click hereand execute research studies on over 30 orthopedic devices to determine device safety and effectiveness, and the impact of implant geometry, sizing, surgical procedure, and misalignment on implant life and modes of failure.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure compliance with FDA, ISO, and ASTM testing standards, while applying originality, insight, and creativity, especially in the areas of identifying and resolving problems, and suggest and implement component optimization solutions to achieve improved component design and testing results.
- Manage, design, develop, and maintain single and multi-station mechanical and electrical simulation systems with complex kinematics and dynamically loading sequences, to evaluate the wear and life-durability of articulating devices.
- Design and build fixtures to implement standard and customized testing, per industry, ISO and ASTM requirements and common practices, for artificial hip, knee, spine, and ankle systems (seven years Solid Works, Cosmos Works experience).
- Perform dynamical analytical testing on passive and forward-dynamics biological models by using parasolids geometry of the femoral component, tibial insert, tibial tray, and patella insert to analyze, understand, and evaluate the kinematic and kinetic performance of designs.
- Prepare technical and policy papers for publication, analyze and make recommendations, both in engineering and orthopedics, and identify and resolve problems that cross organizational boundaries (over 20 publications and scientific exhibits published in JBJS, AAOS, and other peer review journals).
- Manage spine, ankle, and hip implants retrieval analysis projects.
B.S. Electrical Engineering
New York State University, New York, NY
Space Communications Specialist
United States Air Force