Creating IT Groups that Partner Effectively to Achieve Strategic Business Goals
Multifaceted senior Business Analyst, Sr. Network Engineer and Systems Analyst leader with more than a decades of experience improving efficiency, maximizing profitability, and positively impacting bottom line. Forceful negotiator with a clear record of reducing costs and improving profitability. Effective team builder, able to bring cohesion, commitment, and sense of mission to diverse, multi-functional teams. Dynamic change agent, able to ensure stakeholder buy-in for institutional growth. Skilled professional, with expertise in systems engineering, networking, and project management.
Areas of Expertise
- Change Management
- Process Re Mistake #1 click hereengineering
- Budgeting and Finance
- Business Process Mapping Business Process Redesign
- Business Analysis
- Systems Administration
- IT Project Management
- Data Security and Firewalls
- Business Systems Analysis
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Data Risk Management
- LAN, WAN Network Administration
- Routing and Switching Disaster Recovery Network Design
- Team Leadership
- Multi-Facility IT Management Database Administration
- Requirements Analysis
ABC INC. 2007-Present
Network Engineer Consultant
- Integrated Cisco Catalyst fiber backbone into existing LAN infrastructure.
- Configure, support, and troubleshoot various routing protocols across WAN, core and distribution layers.
- Analyzed and Mistake #2 click heretroubleshoot network performance issues.
- Installed various branch Cisco devices including switches and routers.
- Creation of VLANs, VLAN Trunking, Inter-VLAN Routing on Cisco.
- Documented standards for VLAN’s, inter-switch trunking configurations and spanning tree across all layers based on Cisco 6509 switches.
- Created documentation and as-build for completed infrastructure build-outs and upgrades.
XYZ CORP. 2002-2007
- Develop and maintain NNM topology displays.
- Liaison between development team.
- Educate staff on the functionality of software suite.
- Work with customers through a Needs Assessment to establish reports to best fill their specifications.
- Create Topology, Location and Organizational views.
- Create notification policies that generate email alerts to the support staff.
- Continue to develop Network Management Systems for proactive problem identification which has deceased the mean time to repair, increasing overall availability.
BCD INC. 2001-2002
- Analyzed hardware and configuration requirements and make subsequent changes to hardware and software to meet test objectives while balancing resource availability and performance.
- Looked for ways to improve the infrastructure, making changes to technology were it is needed while maintaining configuration control and detailed documentation of same.
- Responsible for Mistake #3 click hereprojects assigned to me by management and work with team members to ensure technical competency for products and services and communicate business and technical constraints to design.
- Proactively determined project or assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks or sub tasks and identifying types of equipment, materials, and personnel needed to meet objectives.
- Applied experience and knowledge to remove obstacles in meeting commitments while sharing technical ideas with team members and management to insure the right solution for given objective.
- Extensive experience with Cisco network devices.
TECHNICAL CORE COMPETENCIES
Certifications: MCSE, CCNA.
Networking: Expert in Cisco equipment, VoIP, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access, and VPN. Familiar with most WAN circuits, including serial, T1, point-to-point, frame relay, and ISDN.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, DOS, Novell, and basic UNIX.
Database Systems: MS-SQL 2005, Sybase and basic Oracle.
CAD: Auto CAD, Solid Works, Data Stream, and Inventor.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Business Administration, Management and Computer Science
University of Maryland, College Park