999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • Ph. 999-999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reliable, detail-oriented Mechanical Engineer with over 10 years of experience. A catalyst, problem solver, and team player in international cross-functional teams and projects. Major strengths include: design of plastics, sheet metal, Finite Element Analysis, Solid Works CAD design tools, design for manufacturability, and working in dynamic environments. Special skills in:
- Cost Effective Manufacturing
- Electronic Mistake #1 click hereEnclosure Designs
- Fast Cycle Time Development
- Thermal Design for Electronics
ABC Inc, Any Town, NY 2004-Present
- Design packaging of transceivers. Developed plastic molding parts, sheet metal parts and die casting parts to reduce the cost for volume production.
- Carry out thermal analysis on modules. Successfully ensured smooth transition from prototype to production with 95% yield.
- Responsible for generating parts and assemblies detail drawings, BOM’s, documentations and ECO’s for each project.
- Coordinated Mistake #2 click here inter-department activities among R&D, QC, manufacturing and purchasing.
- Worked with suppliers on part prototyping and scheduling.
- Working with overseas CM, providing manufacturing technical supports.
XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY 2003-2004
- Managed all projects including budgets, timelines, changes and resources for the completion of projects milestones and within quoted costs.
- Developed product concepts, provided detail mechanical design, and created test plan for evaluating new products and components.
- Initiated design reviews in the design, critique of potential designs, components and assemblies especially in regards to new products and manufacturability.
- Directed and scheduled rapid prototype models and assemblies using SLA, FDM, Urethane castings and machined parts using internal prototype shop and external suppliers for the validation of conceptual designs, short production runs and verification of Industrial design concepts.
- Developed methods for product cost reductions through design modifications and process improvements.
- Managed selection for new Suppliers, Molders, Mold Tooling, Co-packers, and second sourcing.
BCD Inc, Any Town, NY 1996-2003
- AutoCAD-2D r14, r2000: 3-½ years; Solid Works 2004: ½ year to Design Parts & Assemblies.
- Configure Check List for 100% Job Releases.
- Value engineer Mistake #3 click here Multi-Tier Helical Accumulation Conveyors inclusive of frames, drives, doors, and Sheet Metal.
- Customer Equipment Line Layouts: Placement and Interfacing to equipment.
- Mechanical to Electrical Interfacing Design of electrical control cabinets, proximity switches, & custom wire ways.
- The helical accumulator’s profit margin was changed from a loss to one of the highest gains during the time I was responsible for Configuring Engineering Releases and Value Engineering.
PATENTS AND AWARDS
- Patent titled “”
- Award from XYZ in recognition of our outstanding effort in supporting the processor and chipset ramp.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of New York
CAD Design Tools: Solid Works, COSMOS, One Space Designer, Solid Designer, ME10, Flotherm, and Iron CAD.