999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
Cellular 999 999 9999
Home 999 999 9999
Hardware design engineer for 10 years specializing in signal integrity and board level design. Proficient in designing complex ASICs and FPGAs boards, timing measurements, high-speed PCB design and signal integrity, directing PCB layout, design verification & testing, and documentation for production. Experience with designing complex high speed density 10G board, and high-speed design methodology. Hand-on experiences with all aspects of board level design cycles: research, design, schematic capture, layout, high speed signals simulation, and hardware troubleshooting. Self- motivated, good team player with strong multi-tasking skills.
Technical and Experience
- Experience with using Broad com chip sets the BCM8726 PHY, and the BCM56821 Switch.
- Experience with Mistake #1 click here a wide variety of lab instruments including Tektronix TDS7404 Digital Phosphor Oscilloscope, TDS 794D, logic analyzer, and Agilent Oscilloscope.
- Experience with a variety of signal integrity tools including HSPICE, Hyper Lynx, and some Spectra quest Cadence.
- Experience with high speed board design.
- Experience with a wide variety of high speed protocols from 1GbE to 10GbE including SGMII, XGMII, XFI, XAUII, HiGiG and HiGIG+.
Development of PCB electrical constraints (rules) and layout guidelines
- System and board level Signal Integrity design, analysis and verification.
- Design and development reference and production cards.
- Stack-up design multi-layer PCBs, most layers used in the design was 24-layer.
- Altera and Xilinx FPGAs – IO buffer selection, serial and parallel interfaces.
- Proficient with synchronous and source-synchronous buses, PCI-X, Serdes, HSTL, LVDS, and more.
- Design and developed security USB flash drive.
- Experience with many different types 10G serial SFP+ and XFP modules and worked with many form factors SR, LR and LRM SFP+.
ABC Inc, Any Town, NY
Hardware Engineer, 2009 – Present
- Memory Systems Mistake #2 click hereand Controllers, Chip Architecture, RTL Design, Test Bench, Verification.
- Rewrote the integrated DRAM Verilog model to include support for GDDR5 memories in addition to the SDDR2-3 and GDDR3-4.
- Architected and Micro-architected over 30% of a memory expansion chip which would enable processors to access up to 8x the memory it previously could access and add optional error detection and correction.
- Aided in verification of a schedule critical chip.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
Hardware Engineer, 2001 – 2008
- Developed wireless module, Evaluation board for sensor network.
- Developed WIMAX module Evaluation Board.
- Design 802.11b-g-n. wireless LAN module, Evaluation board, test-fixture hardware and PCB. Testing and debug hardware performances (sensitivity, Output power, current consumption …)
- Develop, debug and testing WIFI 802.11B-G and Blue tooth Co-existence performances.
- Design VOIP (voice over IP) module Evaluation board.
- Design GPS module application board schematic and layout, debug it and make it working.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
Hardware Engineer, 2000 – 2001
- Performed testing Mistake #3 click hereand verifying SAN, switches, HBAs, and routers, documenting design adherence to expected margined environments.
- Testability analysis on new designs.
- Interfacing with design, process, test, and reliability engineering to solve problems.
- Developing and maintain test plans and schedules.
- Coordinated calibration for lab equipment.
University of Iowa
- B.S.E.S.E 2000, major in Electronic and Electrical System Engineer with minor in Computer Science.
- Hardware platforms: IBM 405GP Power PC, FPGA, CPLD, PCI, PCIE, XGMII, I2C, MDIO, HIGIG
- Hardware language: Assembly
- Hardware tools: View logic, Or CAD, Cadence Concept, Allegro layout, HSPICE, Altera MAX+II, Spectra Quest, and UNIX.
- Electrical: Transmission Line & Termination, EMI, Safety Compliance, Functional & Timing Simulation.
- Effective written, good communication, interpersonal skills, hard-working, effective worker in group and individual environments.
- Researched components, developed circuit and logic designs. Wrote design functional specifications and design documents. Performed schematic capture. Analyzed timing. Created symbols. Generated net lists. Reviewed layout. Created bills of materials. Released boards. Designed and simulated logic.
- Debugged prototypes. Performed hardware design verification test, measured signal integrity on boards. Created register scripts to initialize Asics where diagnostic software was not available.
- Experienced with a wide variety of lab instrumentation including logic analyzers, high speed electrical oscilloscopes, high speed optical oscilloscope…etc.
- Available upon request.