999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • email@example.com
Seeking a software engineer position.
ABC Inc, Any Town, NY Nov. 2009 – Apr. 2010
- Gathered Interface Requirement Document (IRD), Interface Control Document (ICD), and System Requirements to develop Software High-Level Requirements and Software Design (Low-Level Requirements).
- Implemented Mistake #1 click here Application Processing (NVM I and O, CAN I and O, ARINC I and O, Discrete Input, and Analog Input), Fault Management, Device Drivers (CAN, ARINC-429), and System BIT (PBIT, IBIT, and CBIT).
- Performed Hardware-Software Integration Testing and Formal Qualification Test.
- Followed RTCA and DO-178B to develop, review, and maintain Software Requirement, Software Design, and Source Code to ensure compliance with certification and accreditation standards and procedures.
- Used C++, C, ColdFire M68000 Assembly, Green Hills MULTI for Embedded 68K and ColdFire , OOA, OOD, UML, CAN, ARINC-429, RS-232 Universal Asynchronous Receiver and Transmitter (UART), CoPilot, LabView, MS Visual SourceSafe, Rational ClearQuest, Rational RequisitePro, and NI TestStand.
Embedded Software Engineer
XYZ Corp, Any Town, NY Sept. 2009 – Oct. 2009
- Designed and Developed new applications applying good design practices from inception to completion of the projects.
- Developed and controlled Diagnostics Data Layer using various calibration and Configuration tools.
- Worked closely with hardware, quality assurance and product line management teams to troubleshoot and provide root-cause analysis effectively. Also lead the detailed testing activity with outside company to ensure highest quality of software.
- Improved specifications and application behavior by conducting Design and Code reviews internally as well as externally with customer. Resolved issues with minimum impact in real time environment at client sites.
- Provided technical assistance for existing software application.
- Enhanced quality of the software with various verification methods including Unit Testing, Memory Mapping, Failsafe Mechanism, Durability Testing, Regression Testing and other testing methods.
- Created and maintained documentation for design, test and technical support phases.
Embedded Software Engineer
BCD Inc, Any Town, NY May. 2008 — Aug 2009
- Developed a GUI based 2d and 3d barcode scanner application using C and Java (JNI) on Linux.
- Developed embedded C and Java based Linux application to communicate over Bluetooth with a dead reckoning module.
- Developed embedded Linux utilities using C to support communication with GPIO and I2C ports over different x86 and ARM architecture based embedded systems from Eurotech Inc’s product line.
- Developed OSGi Mistake #2 click hereframework based Java plug-ins and service API’s which initialize and communicate with different I and O and peripheral interfaces on embedded systems and solutions.
- Engineering consultant to various clients to help develop embedded Linux based applications on company’s embedded systems and solutions.
- Working closely with engineering, sales and manufacturing teams to support or enable customer specific solutions.
- Co-ordinate with marketing to develop content and communicate solutions to customers.
- Successfully established an end of life and engineering change notification process, resulting in increased efficiency across marketing, sales and operations team and effective after sales customer management.
Relevant Course Projects:
University of California Berkeley, CA Jan. 2008 – Dec. 2009
MS in Computer Engineering
New York Institute of Technology, New York Sept. 2002 – Jul. 2006
BE in Computer Science
C, Java, HTML,
click hereC++, P25, JSP, XSLT
Software and Tools: Cygwin, Linux Shell Scripting, IXIA, Iperf, Wire shark, XMLSpy, SQL Server, XML
Others: ARM Device Driver Development, Linux, Network Programming, SQL