1111 Where St, Someplace, CO 80256
Telephone: (555) 555-5555
A loyal, proficient, and verifiably productive Chemical Engineer who consistently wins awards for meeting or exceeding aggressive goals in a high-accountability and time-sensitive environment. In an industry where project turnover is rampant, maintains a high level of employee persistence, productivity, and personal achievement. Comfortable acquiring diverse projects outside area of expertise and learning new disciplines to finish goals. Characterized as competitive, energetic, optimistic, positive, trustworthy, and outgoing with an infectious sense of humor, a remarkable ability to multitask, and the communication and interpersonal skills required to create a work environment that is affirming to the employees and profitable for the company.
AREAS OF PROFICIENCY
- 7+ years of Chemical Engineering
- PFD and P&ID Development
- Laboratory Scale Product Development
- Problem Solving Mistake #1 click hereEquipment, Systems
- Process, Energy Simulation Software
- Multi-Multi Tasker
- Off-Gas Measurements and Controls
- Programming Scientific Instrumentation
- Business Research and Development
- Material Characterization
- Recording, Reporting activities and findings
- 7+ years of working in a Laboratory
- DOE, DOD, DOT Regulations
- Capital Costs, Baselines, and Controls
- Test, Operating Plans, Procedures
- Training and Team Building
- Patent Development
- Presentation, Public Speaking
- Handling Chemicals and Processing equipment
- Scoping, Managing, and Scheduling
EXPERIENCE (since graduating with my BSChE)
ABC Laboratory (05/02 – 04/10
Research and Development II Engineer
- Provided engineering support for both process and project work
- Prepared Process Mistake #2 click hereFlow Diagrams (PFDs) and Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Performed process design calculations and prepared project specifications for equipment including vessels and internals, heat exchangers, heaters, pumps, compressors, instruments, control valves and relief valves
- Conducted customer PFD and P&ID review meetings
- Led development of the design package for a Gas Merox Extraction Unit in Kazakhstan
- Tested new Hysys, Unisim, Aspen simulation design software for engineer training
- Achieved Six Sigma Core Green Belt Certification
DEF, Inc. (02/98-05/02)
Gas and Chemical Engineer
- Conducted feasibility studies and defined work scopes for new gas and chemical installations.
- Managed the installation and developed start up, normal operation, maintenance and shutdown procedures for new and existing systems.
- Optimized unit operation with a focus in utility consumption, production, and quality assurance.
- Managed proper selection of the materials of construction, equipment, and industrial waste removal systems for optimal delivery and operation.
- Assisted with the mitigation and prevention of corrosion due to air borne contaminants, spills, or dilapidated piping.
- Lead all gas and chemical Design Reviews (Process Design Basis meeting, PFD review, PID review, HAZOP, FMEA).
- Developed all project schedules, budgets, and design specifications for all new installations and system modifications.
- Directed the commissioning, start-up and performance test of the units and the operators training.
- Established the process files of the plant including all SOPs, as-built drawings, equipments and vessel inventory, response protocol, commissioning documents, and all the necessary process files for the proposals and projects.
- I managed all capital projects for new gas and chemical delivery systems from the conceptual design phase to the point of use delivery including drafting all bid packages, preliminary drawings, capital cost and saving estimations, turnkey contractor management, safety and environmental evaluations, and piping and instrumentation installation.
- Designed Process Flow Diagram’s (PFD), material, heat balances, equipment sizing (vessels, exchangers, columns, compressors, pumps), main pipes, valves, relief valves and flow meters, and all design equations.
GHI Corporation (09/88-05/02)
- Keycontributor to the process transfer from development stage into GMP manufacturing.
- Redesigned an existing pilot process. Achieved improved equipment utilization and increased workstation safety.
- Interacted with Mistake #3 click hereengineering, model-shop groups and vendors for design and implementation of new equipment.
- Developed and implemented a method for effective peroxide removal from a polymer as a part of a protein formulation process and achieved substantial protein stabilization.
- Managed development studies, designed and performed Design Of Experiment (DOE) studies.
- Performed research and development on implantable drug delivery systems.
- Supported the product development group with peroxide, moisture and x-ray testing, rheology and microscopy studies.
- Developed experimental procedures and supervised the proper record keeping for in-vivo experiments.
Bachelors of Chemical Engineering (2002)
UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS
Continuing Professional Education (Ongoing)
Idaho National Laboratory
Completed courses in HAZWOPER (certified), OSHA Standards and Practices, Radiological Worker II, Radiological DOT Shipping and Receiving, Aspen Plus, AspenHYSYS, Teambuilding, Positive Employee Relations, Leadership Principles, Total Quality Management, Diversity, Situational Leadership, and Conflict Resolution.
Aspen Plus, AspenHYSYS, HSC, Chemkin, Labview, MatLab, MathCad, AutoCAD, PHP, HTML, SEO, website building, and Microsoft Office (Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).