Phone No: 999-999-9999, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unix System Administrator
Extensive experience in diversified Unix computer work involving system administration, networks, and database administration. Expertise includes:
- Large Scale System Support
- Script and Program Writing
- 24-7 On-Call Experience
- Diagnose Server & Network
- Manage Mistake #1 click hereUser Access
- Installing & Configuring Hardware
- Software Installation and Support
- Performance Analysis
- Platforms & IO HW: Sun SPARC, X86 servers, Sun Storage, Brocade Switches & HBAs
- Databases: Oracle 8.0.5, 8i, 9i, Sybase 9, MY-SQL,
- Networks: TCP, IP, NIS, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NAS, SAN, DAS, SCSI, NFS, NTP, VLANS
- Security: SSH, TFTP, SSL
- Software: Legato, VERITAS Volume Manager, Apache, HTML, XHTML, PHP5, CGI
- Programs and Scripts: Shell scripting with sh, csh, Bourne, Ksh, Bash. Tcl, Expect, Perl, C
- Operating Systems: Solaris 8 – 10; Windows 2000-XP; Red hat Linux; Ubuntu Linux, SUSE Linux
ABC Inc. Jan 2010 to Present
- Manage, maintain and fine tune clustered Apache Tomcat server configuration on Windows 2003 OS platform running applications in a soft ware as a service (SaaS) model.
- Deploy and manage web application releases and patches in production servers.
- Build and configure Windows 2003 server on Dell Power Edge server and put into production and staging.
- Plan, document, Mistake #2 click hereexecute, and monitor backup operations and schedules, as well as disaster recovery of data, applications, and servers.
- Perform application and system performance analysis write a report to developers.
- Configure and maintain all server appliance hardware in Data Center, which includes: IP switch, Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and Cisco PIX firewall.
- Provide on-call support for production services.
- Document web application upgrade process and procedures on staging system.
- Participate in client software product testing and provide beta feedback and product feature input.
XYZ Corp. Jul 2003 – Dec 2009
- Increased the staffs’ productivity by establishing a scalable network, replacing a paper filing system with an automated process.
- Windows NT 4.0 servers to Windows 2003 with active directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, updated MS Exchange 5.5 to 2007.
- Updated infrastructure to active directory-based infrastructure.
- Migration of PCN a limited terminal-based system to a windows-based, robust Next gen EMR system, compatibility of new upgrades of the Next gen EMR system with existing infrastructure.
- Research compatibility of upgrades, system additions and changes to existing infrastructure and if compatible], implement the project, if not compatible, find a way of making it compatible or find an alternative.
BCD Inc. Jul 2001 – Dec 2002
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the company’s VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining 50+ servers, which include Windows 2000-2003 terminal servers, Windows 2003, 2008, SLES 10 web servers, Windows 2003, 2008 domain controllers, a Windows 2003 VPN, Radius server, an Exchange 2003 server, a Microsoft SQL server, an Ubuntu web content filter, a Debian spam gateway, SLES 10 development servers and SLES 10 network and system monitoring servers.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing Cisco routers and switches with the help level 3 network Engineers.
- Update and manage the company’s website.
- Provide support for users’ desktops and various insurance applications.
- Implemented Mistake #3 click herevirtualization using VMware Infrastructure 3.
- Upgraded VMware Infrastructure 3 to VMware vSphere 4.
- Setup and configured Dell MD3000 SANs to work with VMware ESX servers.
- Revised and automated daily and weekly backups using VMware VCB Backup, Windows backup and shell scripts.
- Deployed and managed a WSUS server to allow automatic updating of Windows servers, Windows desktops and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Upgraded Exchange 2000 mail server to Exchange 2003.
- Implemented domain and local policies on computers to prevent users from abusing network bandwidth and system resources.
- Implemented Network Monitor system to proactively monitor the company’s system & network status and to receive alerts in case of system & network failures.
- Implemented MRTG to monitor the company’s network traffic.
- Used VMware virtual appliance to implement web filtering to initiate safer browsing in the work place.
- Configured Spam Titan spam gateway to filter out viruses and spam messages that are sent to employees.
- Configured gateway to gateway VPNs between the main office and the branch offices using Cisco and Linksys Business series routers.
MCS candidate in Computer Science – Completed graduate course work
BBA in Business Management
University of Texas, Austin
AS in Electronics
Certified Solaris UNIX Administrator
Certified Microsoft Windows 2008 Professional MCP
Certified Sun Solaris 10 Operating System