555 Main Street • Anytown • US 55555 • Phone #: (555) 555-5555 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Gwendolyn V. Rodriquez
- Conduct benefits orientation for new hires.
- Benefit plan enrollment and terminate, billing reconciliation and resolution of discrepancies.
- Coordinate with the 403(B) Broker to comply with current IRS regulations.
- Administer the 403(B) and the Pension Plan. Maintain participant information and gather census data for the Pension Plan 5500 Form Filing.
- Act as liaison Mistake #1 click here between employees and service providers and assist in problem resolution.
- Serve as main contact for employee benefits related inquires.
- Participate in the negotiation of renewals and explore competitive benefit options.
- Screen resumes provided by staffing agencies and schedule interviews for temporary positions.
- Handle job postings, internal and external. Schedule interviews.
- Maintain all employee data information in both personnel files and HRIS: evaluations, annual physicals, changes, hires and terminations.
- Assisted in the implementation of ADP HRB Solutions which is linked to ADP EZ Labor.
- Provide Payroll with all necessary paperwork for new hires, changes or termination payroll processing. Run Reports as needed.
- Prepare new hire and termination material.
- Process background checks and driver license verifications.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Lead consultant for answering employees questions on wellness, health and welfare-related programs, including policy interpretation, customer service, and reporting.
- Ensured compliance with ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), ADA, ADEA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, GINA, VEVRAA, Rehabilitation Act and FSLA.
- Vendor managed self-funded medical plans that included HDHPs and CDHPs. In addition, vendor managed dental and vision benefits, EAPs, STD, LTD, FML, COBRA, FSAs and HSAs.
- Assisted with the review and finalization of contracts for wellness, health and welfare benefits.
- Consultants with executive management team for services, premiums and administration fees for wellness, health and welfare benefit out sourced vendors.
- Lead consultant to coordinate with executive staff, HRIS analyst, benefits specialist and benefits administrator to ensure open enrollment and new hire enrollment processes for employee self-service (ESS) were implemented, ensured human capital management (HCM) modules were updated and developed that includes written and verbal communications were successfully communicate to employees about health and welfare benefits and wellness programs.
- Outsourced health Mistake #2 click here& welfare processes to analyze the needs and goals of the organization, defined the budgets according to the strategic business plan, created and sent completed request for proposals (RFPs), evaluate contractor’s proposals, worked with an executive staff to negotiate and hire the contractor, implemented the project plan and monitored the implementation schedule and evaluated the completed project with the executive management staff.
- Internal workforce plan included a needs analysis to determine training for team members how to update and correct open enrollment and new hire benefits using the HCM benefits administration (Oracle) module.
- Technology devices such as phones, letters, e-mails, or personal visits and continued education enables me to learn and increase my knowledge in relevant state and or federal government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices within an industry.
- Lead organizational learning by group training benefits specialist, benefits administrator, and HRIS analyst to perform clerical functions, such as updating human capital module benefits module, death claim forms, vendor manage medical, dental, vision life benefits and FMLA, STD, LTD records and improve the LOA processes.
- Consults with outsourced vendors and strategic business partners (directors, executives and employees) best practices for health and welfare benefits that included employee relations issues relating to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), ADA, ADEA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, GINA, VEVRAA, Rehabilitation Act USERRA and FSLA.
- Prepared benefit surveys and interpreted the results to the Human Resource management team.
- Consults with the Director of Benefits and Vice President Performance Excellence the use of health and welfare surveys in review and selection of health and welfare benefits and employee assisted programs (EAPs).
- Strategic business partner to help employees understand wellness programs offered by outsourced vendors. Reviewed with outsourced vendor’s benefits the wellness and fitness programs offer to employees.
- Operational executor to maintain daily the HRIS (Oracle) HCM benefit module for correcting data necessary to access Employee Self-Service for the human capital.
- Process National Medical Support Notices (NMSN) child support order and answered agencies and employee’s questions.
- Assisted in the preparation of 5500’s, employee benefits booklets and wellness programs.
- Researched and answered employees 401 K inquiries.
- Successfully communicated and executed distribution of materials for three separate open enrollment periods for medical, dental, flexible spending and a consumer-driven healthcare plan.
- Conducted research, Mistake #3 click herecrafted enrollment forms and verifications, and facilitated implementation of necessary administrative processes in response to newly-enacted NYS healthcare laws (adult dependent coverage extension and mini-COBRA).
- Collaborated with company’s principals and key inter-departmental stakeholders in the successful roll-out of an additional dental plan and for the transition of life offerings from one insurer to another.
1980-84 New York University, New York, NY
B.A. in Communications
1985-87 University of California, San Diego, CA
Supervisor Seminars-Conducting Employees Appraisals, Evaluating Employees Performance,
Listening and Supervisor Leadership Skills
PC, MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Internet, People Soft, Title 59 Laws, 504 Accommodations, New
Jersey Employer and Employee Relations Act, COMBRA, FMLA, FLI and HIPPA Law.