999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtis M. Carnegie
BENEFITS MANAGER – ABC Company October 2006 to Present
- Administer benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, life, FSA, 403(b), pension, disability, EAP and COBRA for active, and retired employees.
- Manage STD and LTD disability and absence programs in compliance with HIPAA, FMLA, ADA and other related applicable laws.
- Coordinate the operation of benefits with internal and external business partners including IT, payroll, finance, vendors and consultants.
- Stay abreast of Mistake #1 click heretrends, cost issues, and changes affecting employee benefits and propose new initiatives and or modifications to existing programs.
- Prepare and analyze financial data related to benefit program operations and provide suggestions and recommendations to HR leadership regarding improvements.
- Answer and assist with the resolution of employee benefit inquiries according to benefit policies and procedures.
- Create, review and coordinate employee communications, including employee handbook, company newsletters, publications and company intranet.
- Provide technical research, plan interpretation and educational support to multiple site staff.
- Manage relationships and the exchange of information with insurance carriers and external brokers and consultants for, claim and utilization data, enrollment information and renewals.
- Consolidated medical plans of multiple locations into one plan generating a cost savings of $650,000.
BENEFITS MANAGER – GHI Company June 2005 to July 2006
- Designed, implemented and administered benefits programs for a fortune 500 company with 25,000 domestic employees
- Managed third-party administrators and benefits carriers which included cost control initiatives and performance guarantees
- Served as subject matter expert for health & welfare escalated appeals and managed a team of benefits professionals
- Collaborated with legal counsel in order to develop benefits programs with particular focus on health care reform
- Saved $1.8m+ on annual company-wide benefit costs through plan design changes and comprehensive benefits audit
- Managed annual enrollment project with third party administrator and all health and welfare carriers
- Directed health Mistake #2 click hereand welfare request for proposal projects assuring the process met the firm’s independence requirements
- Managed all aspects of the Workers Compensation program across the U.S. including the monopolistic states
- Developed the communication strategy for active, retiree and grandfathered health & welfare plans including all polices, plan documents, summary plan descriptions, certificates, annual enrollment and all other communication materials
BENEFITS MANAGER – XYZ Corporation September 1999 to July 2004
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability including FMLA
- Workers Compensation
- All other employee benefits plan including tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance. PTO, all other leaves of absence
- Premium processing for all Insured Benefit Programs
- Liaison between associates and insurance plan for resolution of issues
- Funding of all plans
- Coordinated Mistake #3 click hereprogramming and preparation of all vendor feeds to ensure accuracy for plan enrollment, billing and record keeping
- Open Enrollment Education, initiated conference calls and Webex presentations to 500 store national chain. Training in brand headquarters included open enrollment seminars.
- HIPAA Compliance and Training
- Trained and supervise staff of 2
- 401(k) Administration
- Associate Guide (Policy) – editor of 3 proprietary publications
New York University – New York, NY August 2007 to Present
(59 hours of Undergraduate Courses)