999 MAIN STREET ♦ ANY TOWN, NY 99999 ♦ (999) 999-9999
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced in public accounting, auditing, and grants administration for a major state agency. Value-added experience in office management; health, life, property and casualty insurance administration; and association membership.
- Progressive career in accounting, earning three solid promotions during the last eleven years.
- Certified in Financial Grant Management with extensive experience in grants administration, largely working independently in interpreting contracts, determining eligibility of reimbursements, and building strong rapport with sub-grantees.
- Experienced and Mistake #1 click here knowledgeable of accounting practices as well as governmental fiscal rules and regulations. Frequently resolves complex issues involving compliance.
- Proficient in SAAS (state automated accounting system) and SPAHRS (state travel). Develops data and information systems in Lotus and Excel and trains staff in utilization. Highly adept in all spreadsheet features including formulas, data manipulation, and integration with other software.
- Supervisory and staff training experience.
SPECIALTY AND EXPERIENCE AREAS
- Grants Administration
- Project Management
- Office Management
- Financial Statements
- Budget Preparation
- Bank Reconciliations
- Spreadsheet Design and Analysis
- Accounts Receivable
- State Travel Administration
- Tax Return Preparation
- Insurance Processing and Adjusting
- Staff Training
- Customer Service
- Membership Administration
- Accounts Payable
SAAS, SPAHRS, MS Word, Word Perfect, Lotus 1-2-3, Excel, MERLIN, Quick Books
ABC Inc. – Any town, NY 2008 – Present
- Reviewed Monthly Financial Schedules prepared by Senior Accounting Clerks or Accountant and prepared same as necessary for the submission to the Financial Reporting Group.
- Performed Balance Sheet and Income Statement review.
- Reviewed Monthly Bank Account Reconciliation and Weekly Houston Account Payable Report
- Reviewed & Prepared for White, Green Books and Monthly Account Analysis
- Assisted in completion of Audit Schedules for Outside Auditors. Maintain continuous compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Reviewed Journal Vouchers prepared by Senior Accounting Clerks and, or Accountant for accuracy and inclusion of related support as well as Prepared & Coordinated the recognition of Monthly Journal Vouchers
- Prepared & Generated Budget & Forecast Report of G & A Expenses with Assumptions using Ess base Hyperion & Maintain documentation support for Income Statement Budget Variance Reports, M D & A to support decision making.
- Prepared & Generated PO Accrual Report and EOM Accrual Report and Pension Roll Forward Report
- Handle Special Mistake #2 click hereProjects as assigned completing it on a timely basis.
- People Soft, Hyperion Essbase Software, Global Planning System & Strong MS Excel & Word Skills
XYZ Corp. – Any town, NY 1998 – 2008
- Reported financial position and sales on a daily basis for management decision making.
- Calculated and prepared Sales and Use Tax in a timely manner to the government.
- Provided various financial schedules to the outside CPA firm for tax preparation.
- Reconciled various Balance Sheet accounts.
- Worked with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to resolve General Ledger coding issues.
- Calculated and paid all business license and privilege taxes for all twenty seven Showrooms.
- Prepared and submitted various schedules to various states regarding property tax.
- Booked monthly depreciation, year-end true up, as well as maintained the Fixed Assets system.
- Prepared various annual reports, listing corporate officers as well as personal property to every state in which business is conducted.
- Prepared, reviewed and posted various journals to the General Ledger throughout the monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
BCD Inc., – Any town, NY 1997 – 1998
- Reviewed and approved cash and journal vouchers (CV and JV) to ensure compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), codes, ordinances and accounting system FMS (Financial Management System). Processed month-end closing. Provided customer services and resolve issues.
- Prepared financial reports. Managed inventories of Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports and single audit reports.
- Developed and prepared $10 million FY 08-09 budget for Work to future a division of Office of Economic Department (OED), by analyzing FY 07-08 actual budget performed, forecasting FY 08-09 budget needs, and figuring out FY 08-09 budget via Excel spreadsheets with complex and formulated data linking 34 spreadsheets together.
- Administrated the WIA (Workforce Investment Act, a federal grant) program budgets by creating and maintaining budget tracking files and encumbrance records, reviewing and approving fund requests, and defining the visible codes.
- Reviewed and approved payments to suppliers and contractors as well as reimbursements to employees.
- Managed audit Mistake #3 click hereprocesses to contractors by reviewing their single audit reports, conducting fiscal monitoring visits, developing and preparing audit documents and reports, and evaluating their performance by quality index system.
- Developed and presented cost analyses, budget vs. actual analyses and program analyses with recommendations.
B.S. in Business Administration (May 1994), University of Chicago
Graduated Magna cum Laude with GPA of 3.5
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Certified Government Financial Management Training; Association of Government Accountants, September 2004;
Cash Management Improvement Act Training, MS Department of Finance and Administration, September 2006;
Financial Grant Management Certification, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, September 2009 and May 2007;
Financial Grant Management Certification, U. S. Department of Transportation, National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, February 2007
Quick Books Accounting Software Training, Intuit, Jackson, MS, November 2009
AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST