999 Main Street, ●Any town, NY – 99999 ● Cell: 999 -999-9999 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain an accountant position so that I can utilize my academic knowledge and work experience to benefit the company
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
Audit Senior January 2009-Present
- Prepared audit budgets & staffed audit teams.
- Reviewed financial statements prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Assisted clients Mistake #1 click here with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) reporting, providing them advice on IFRS application and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Performed consolidation of financial statements for companies in complex groups, in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Extensive experience with IFRS and reporting requirements including IFRS 3 and 7 as well as IAS’s 2, 7, 12, 16,17, 18, 32, 39, 40. Also experienced with the preparation and review of hyper-inflated financial statements (IAS29).
- Tested the design and implementation of internal control systems in line with the International Standards on Auditing, including understanding and documenting clients accounting processes.
- Assessed engagement and control risk including testing of controls.
- Developed and maintained relationships with clients at middle, senior management, secretarial and director level.
- Managed and supervised audit teams, including appraisal of audit team members.
- Performed risk assessment particular to clients in relation to the market and the clients internal environment. Also performed high-level ‘SWOT’ analyses.
- Compliance checking – assessed whether companies were operating within the rules and regulations dictated by the Company’s Act and the Security Exchange Regulations.
- Participated in business quality control issues which included quality assurance systems, independence and risk management policies, professional developments and applicable codes of ethics.
- Participated in client service delivery by way of management reports.
- Participated in the firm’s recruitment of new staff by assisting in induction courses as well as training programs.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
Chartered Accountants June 2005-August 2007
- Handling month-end closing, accounts receivable, accounts payables inventory analysis, capital expenditure reporting, and other various financial analyses for different clients.
- Preparation of Mistake #2 click hereBank Reconciliation Statement.
- Working with G. Basu & Co. has helped me to understand the best accounting practices. It has increased my ability to communicate with people of different culture. It enhanced my analytical skills. It gave me experience of managing different situations.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
Senior Auditor August 2004-May2005
- Conducted Statutory Audits encompassing General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Cash, Investments and Payroll.
- Conducted Internal Audit of large scale financial institutions.
- Finalized accounts and prepared annual regulatory reports and financial statements.
- Assessed and evaluated management’s responses to audits.
New York University New York, NY
Degree: Master of Business Administration May 2010
Area: Business (AACSB-International Accredited)
Overall GPA: 3.40 Mistake #3 click hereand 4.00
University of California, Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA
Degree: Bachelor of Accounting May 2004
Area: Accounting and Finance (HETAC-Accredited)
Cumulative GPA: 3.33 and 4.00
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Any Town, NY
Completed 11 and 14 exams. Anticipate receiving license in 2011
- Excellent professional organizational, technical analytical ,and communications skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and basic Access
- Knowledge of Chinese language(Mandarin),oral and written
Leader of Ireland China Association, Griffith College Dublin: 2001-2003