999 ANY STREET • NEW YORK • NY 99999 • 999.999.9999 • 111.111.1111
MATTHEW D VEAZEY
with over 10 years experience. Practice in directing and assisting parental involvement. Skills in conflict management, problem solving, and organization. Able to plan, evaluate, and make decisions in a fast paced environment. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Interest in continuing education.
AAA, Girls High School, New York, NY. Sept.2009- Present
- Followed detailed lesson plans accurately and maintained a safe, secure environment for the students.
- Applied a variety of teaching strategies such as Group Work and Learning through Inquiry which resulted in advanced Social Skills and learning experiences for the unit.
- Incorporated technology: ELMO, Projector, Overhead, Smartboard, I-Pods, PDAs, Laptops.
- Incorporate appropriate Instructional techniques: Reciprocal Teaching, Team Teaching, Direct Instruction, Group Instruction, Individual Instruction, Peer-Teaching, and Differentiated Instruction.
MNO School, New York, NY Sep 2007 – May 2009
- Guided instruction to kindergarten students in one-way program
- Planned and presented language arts, math, science and social studies lessons according to classroom curriculum.
- Evaluated lessons taught to monitor student progress.
- Provide safe, friendly and sound learning environment thru effective classroom and discipline management.
- Encourage the use of rubrics for students’ self-evaluation and teacher assessment.
- Direct the activities of assigned non-certified personnel.
XYZ Middle School, New York, NY Jun 2007 – Sept 2007
- Educating children with a variety of disabilities during an Extended School Year .
- Studying each student’s Individualized Education Plan in order to assign work geared toward each student’s needs and abilities
- Design and teach based on a appropriate curriculum
- Managing classroom environment
- Prepare students for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
Advance Certificate in Child Development
First Aid Certification
Teacher Assistant Certification
Food and Sanitation Certification
B.A.S., Child Development, Pre-School, New York University
graduation date: Fall 2010
Associate of Applied Science, Child Development Preschool, City College