9999 Any Street • New York • NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- York State Certification in Childhood Education (1 – 6) December 2005
- New York State Certification in Bilingual Education (Pre-K- 12) December 2005
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). Pass ‘B’ Grade September 2001
ABC High School, New York, NY, (7/08- present)
- Elementary school teacher in self-contained classroom for grades ranging from 4th – 6th
- Job responsibilities have entailed teaching all subject areas, including language arts, math, science, social studies, English Language Development, physical education, and the visual arts.
- Served as a member of my school’s Leadership Team seven of my eleven years’ of teaching
- Participated on my school’s Student Study Team and Professional Learning Community
- Actively pursued and encouraged a partnership with the Effective Schools Program through the University of California, Santa Barbara
- Conducted various teacher training workshops in the area of teaching writing
- Mentored six student teachers from various universities
PQR Girls School, New York, NY, (9/05 – 6/07)
- Enhanced classroom knowledge by bringing in guest speaker on using Monopoly to teach basic math including percents, fractions, mental math, and mathematical strategies.
- Providing continued support to teachers and staff in various and ongoing classroom responsibilities including daily supervision of students, musical reinforcement of various songs for programs and parental assistance.
- Raised awareness of need for using technology, such as personal response systems, online streaming and “Elmo” camera devices and attended CUE (Computer Using Educators) 2009.
- Continued to give music lessons to enrich student’s lives, coordinating ACSI Piano Festival for school, tutoring students in subject needing extra attention.
- Committed to supporting student’s needs in academic areas needing extra assistance.
XYZ Pre School, New York, NY, (8/1/04- 8/30/04)
- Planned and taught art lessons based on Art Curriculum Framework
- Integrated art lessons with classroom curriculum
- Organized visiting artist day for the students
- Yearbook designer and coordinator
- Facilitated students sketching in the Museum of Fine Arts’ galleries, then respond to what they have seen through drawing, painting, sculpture, collage, and printmaking projects.
- Observed art teacher’s teaching styles and approach, took on full responsibilities of writing lesson plans and teaching classes, facilitated 8th graders with yearbook design
- Served as a team player with interior design and architecture construction committee for Teen Center
- Facilitated conceptual design and oversight of the mural painting
- Coordinated mural painters ranging from junior high and high school student artists
- Contributed to the imaginary world mural that filled the walls of the facility
- Taught Saturday 2 hour painting workshops with children ages 6-10
- Provided instruction at an appropriate level and content development
- Provided lesson summaries
- Assessed and encouraged student progress and student engagement
- Monitored student progress and responded to student progress
- Created booth design for Back-to-School Showcase with cooperating team
- Maintained schedule while traveling between two schools
- Assessed students through formal and informal assessments
- Supported students, managed the learning environment , used time efficiently, handled non-instructional tasks efficiently
MA, Master of Science in Elementary Education with a Bilingual Extension, December 2005
College, New York, NY
BA, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, with a minor in Spanish, May 1999
Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY