999 Any Street • New York • NY 99999 • (999)999-9999 • email@example.com
Toa position as a general education teacher that will effectively utilize my creativity, enthusiasm, and organizational skills.
Teacher, ABC High School, New York, NY, February “2008-2009”
- Designed and implemented long and short-term developmentally appropriate curricula, field trips, and community service projects that enriched the students’ learning experiences through the interdisciplinary approach of the IB Primary Years Program Units of Inquiry, while working closely with specialist teachers at integrating the units into their curricula.
- Wrote thorough student academic reports and conducted parent and teacher conferences each term, and coordinated annual student led conferences.
- Nominated the sole faculty representative to the Board of Governors and appointed the sole primary faculty representative on the B.O.G. Finance Committee for 4 consecutive years, where we managed to balance the budget with a surplus of 7% during my second year.
- Elected to the P.T.A. for two consecutive years when we increased parental involvement and fundraising, enabling the P.T.A. to provide educational grants to faculty.
- Directed and produced two annual Upper Primary School musical productions, resulting in sold-out shows and a 60% increase in profits from previous years.
- Selected to participate in the Reaccreditation Steering Committee and served as a faculty representative on the Academic Staff Association, where we successfully received IB Accreditation, increased salaries and improved benefits for faculty and teacher assistants
Teacher, JKL School, New York, NY, “2007-2008”
- Developed a writer’s handbook as a resource for the language arts writing component for 4th .
- Facilitated an in-service workshop for teachers demonstrating the Four Square Writing process
- Student Support Team Informal Collaboration Vertical Team, Chairperson
- Data Dissagregation Team – Analyzed and compiled school data for strategic plan
- Mentor for Student Teacher in the New York State Cohorts Program, Summer 2008
Teacher, XYZ Kids School, New York, NY, “1998-2007”
- Designed and taught lessons in reading curricula in 6th grade classroom.
- Created and implemented interdisciplinary literature.
- Designed and implemented and CST Book camp standard based curriculum to assist teachers and students to prepare for upcoming New York Standard Test.
- Designed weekly standard based homework packages for the entire 6th grade ELA department.
- Implemented and piloted the Scholastic Read 190 program for students. Was successful with bring Far Below Basic and Below Basic students’ reading level to Basic
Volunteer Experience and Honors
Girl’s Scout Volunteer Fall 2008-Present
- Plan activities for the girls that promoted girls self-esteem
- community activities for the girls
M.A. Education of Counseling of Leadership (completed 26 hours) New York University
B.S. Business of Administration in Organizational Management, 2005, New York College, New York, NY