999 Any Street • New York • NY 99999 • Home: 999-999-9999 • Cell: 111-111-1111 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Shawn Robert Claussen
Toa teacher’s aide position
ABC High School, New York, NY, 2010 – Present
- Assisting in the implementation of the daily program under the direction of the teacher.
- Assisting in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing needed materials and Supplies.
- Supervising the classroom when the teacher is out of the room.
- Assisting the teacher in any other appropriate ways.
- Maintaining professional attitudes and loyalty to the school.
- Treating all children with dignity and respect.
- Attending all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences.
- Participating in professional workshops that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Maintaining confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees outside the school.
- Supervising outside playground activities.
- Follow directions given by head teacher or immediate supervisor
JKL Public School, New York, NY, 2008 – 2010
- Assisted in the implementation of the daily routine under the direction of the teacher
- Supervised the classroom when the teacher was out of the room
- General housekeeping and kitchen tasks
- Assisted in the planning and preperation of the learning enviroment
XYZ Corporate School, New York, NY, 2007-2008
- Work with assigned sudent to reinforce learning of materail, skill or
- Establish and maintain safe (emotionally and physically) environment conducive to learning.
- Check notebooks, correct papers and supervise testing and make up work
- Maintain accurate and orderly records.
- Participate in meetings, teamings, staffings, in-service trainings
- Conduct thorough and appropriate daily searches of students
- Elicit supervision and peer feedback
- Participate in parent conferences
- Work effectively and collabortively with other personnel in the interdisciplinary setting to address students needs.
- Team-player skills
- Exceptional versatility and adaptability
- Dedication and drive as a hard-working individual
- Solid organizational abilities
- Read and speak fluent French
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS INTERPERSONAL AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
New York State Certified Teaching Assistant
The Francis School
Child Abuse Prevention course, Certificate of Completion January 2006
School Violence Prevention and Intervention course, Certificate of Completion January 2006
Fordham University, Rose Hill Campus
Major: French Literature
Available upon request