9999 Any Street • New York • NY 99999 • (123) 456-7890 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Toa teaching position involving Special Education and or Adolescent English Education
Special Education Teacher September 2008-Present
ABC Central School
New York NY
- Develops, reviews and implements Individualized Education Program for identified students with special needs.
- Involved in the students’ behavioral and academic development, helping them become aware of socially acceptable behavior and need for academics.
- Coordinates and communicates with general education teacher and paraprofessionals to meet the individualized needs of the student within the inclusive special education program.
- Worked as a Math Teacher in Leap Remediation Summer Program
Special Education Teacher January 2005, May-August 2005-2008
New York, NY
- Responsible for 8 students in a 1st-3rd ungraded ABA class.
- Conduct assessments (Criterion-Referenced: ABLLS) for students.
- Develop individualized programs and curriculum based IEP recommendations for each student.
- Present instruction in both 1:1 and group settings in the form of discrete trials.
- Monitor students’ progress using data collection and make instructional decisions following the Data Analysis Protocol.
- Present students’ progress by writing quarterly reports and annual reports.
- Assist students, families, and school districts through participating in CPSE and CSE meetings, and case review.
- Train new teaching assistants to present discrete trial instructions in both 1:1 and group settings.
- Train new teaching assistants to take data on and visually graph student’s progress.
Special Education Teacher October 29, 2007-December 12, 2007
JKL Public School
New York, NY
- Monitored , analyzed and implemented students’ accommodations according to their Individualized Plan ( IEP) ensuring the diverse needs of every students are met
- Helped develop lesson plans with the co-teacher resulting to a productive learning environment
- Taught and tutored students helping them grasp concepts they struggle with
- Upheld classroom management and discipline plan in a clear and consistent manner keeping students engaged and maintaining a safe learning environment
- Employed positive interaction with the students to develop rapport, gain respect and trust
- Helped administer, check, grade quizzes, tests and laboratory papers in a timely manner resulting to a well organized classroom
- Performed general clerical duties
- Attended department and staff developmental meetings promoting continued learning
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Works, and Excel
- Proficient in IEP programs such as IEP Direct and ClearTrack
- Skilled at utilizing the internet
- Experience working with students on a one-to-one basis
- Experience with adapting to new situations and circumstances quickly and efficiently
- Working knowledge of SCIP-R techniques
- Experience working with students who range drastically in academic and social abilities
- Experience working with as many as thirty students at one time
Masters of Science in English Education 7-12 Anticipated August 2013
Buffalo State University, Buffalo, New York
Bachelor of Arts in Secondary English Education and Special Education May 2008
College, Keuka Park, New York
Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart June 2004
Buffalo, New York
Available Upon Request