1111 Any Street • New York • NY 11111 • Home Phone: (111) 111-1111 • Cell Phone: (123) 456-7890 • Email: email@example.com
Roberto Peraza Rico
Toa challenging position as a teacher’s assistant that will enable to use my strong educational background knowledge in the field of psychology and early childhood education to further advance my career goals.
11/08-Present ABC High School, School Teacher New York, NY
- Lead a group of 1st – 3rd grade students each week in a Sunday school lesson
- Preparation of lessons, set up, and clean up
- Volunteer experience in various, summer vacation-bible-school camps called “Blitz”; looked after and lead a group of ten children throughout each day
- Inform parents of upcoming events, information, etc
- Assist other teachers and needs around the church
12/2006 – 11/2008 JKL Model School, School Teacher New York, NY
- Teaches Lessons
- Provide an positive environment
- Implements instructional activities
- Filing, organizing, faxing, copying, data entry and supervise children
02/2006 – 06/2006 XYZ Public School, School Teacher New York, NY
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social .
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Demonstrate activities to children.
- Conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Confer with parents or guardians and other teachers to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare children for later grades by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Mother’s helper for 3 year old boy for 2 years.
- Worked in different classrooms in the department of education with special needs children.
- Tutored elementary school children ages 5-12.
Proficient in MS Office XP (Word, Excel and Outlook), QuickBooks, Internet, and Email; Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills.
2009 Clinton Institute, Computerized Bookkeeping with QuickBooks Brooklyn, NY
1994 – 1998 State University College of New York, B.A. in Psychology New York, NY
2010 Passed New York State Assessment of Teaching Assistant Skills
Available Upon Request