(555) 555-5555(M) • (123) 456-7890 (H) • firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheryl D. Lozano
- Consultant with the University of New York Writing Project.
- Years of teaching experience on secondary level and post-secondary level.
- Experienced and published business trainer, public speaker, and seminar leader.
- Holds current State of New York Teaching Certification in Special Education (K-12) with En-dorsements in: English, Psychology, and Social Studies.
- Extensive knowledge of Mac Operating System and Windows 7, as well as Microsoft Office Suite and OpenOffice Suite.
Work Experience in Education
New Teacher, ABC Company 2010-present
- teach Earth and General, Life, Physical Sciences in middle-school grades
- helped 6th-grade students place sixth of 20 contestants in their first entry for the popsicle-stick, bridge-building contest
- teach high school Spanish 1 to middle school students
- teach pre- Spanish language skills in grades Pre-K through 5
- monitor morning- and after-school programs when needed
- make morning announcements to student body
- complete and follow daily lesson plans according to the Diocesan
- Consensus Curriculum
- new-teacher mentor
- conduct middle-school science fair
New Teacher, XYZ Corporation 2008- present
- Have classroom ready and lesson materials prepared for student .
- Use positive classroom management techniques; i.e., directions about desired behavior and encourage positive behavior through feedback.
- Circulate frequently around the classroom.
- Ensure time is productive to further the student’s learning.
- Encourage participation by all students and provide feedback about their work and answers.
- Provide regular teacher specific feedback on student progression during substituted day.
- Maintain a friendly, but firm and equitable demeanor with students.
New Teacher, DEF, Incorporated 2008- present
- Create and execute dynamic weekly lesson plans pertaining to specific themes
- Design weekly newsletters to maximize effective parent-teacher communication
- Carry out Bright from the Start guidelines for New York Pre-K at an Exceeds level
- CPR, First Aid, Fire Safety, and New Teacher Institute training
- Master of Fine Arts, Fashion Merchandising, New York University, New York January 2006 – present
- Masters of Arts, English, University of California, San Diego, MS 2009