123 Main Street • Anytown • US 12345 • Home: (123) 456-7890 • Cell: (555) 555-5555 • firstname.lastname@example.org
CYNTHIA J. EVANS
professional with international experience creating English as Second Language programs. Superb ability to create language education programs in both the corporate and private sectors on various levels. Effective motivator and enthusiastic leader.
ESL Teacher – 9/07 to present
- Provide instruction in English to LEP students
- Collaborate with homeroom teachers
- Maintain records in ESL Innovations
- Maintain student portfolios
- Assist teachers by interpreting as needed
- Assess students’ needs through testing and observation
- Administer tests to students for program evaluation
- Work effectively with parents, staff and students
- Teach students grades 1st-3rd using NCSCS, WIDA & W-APT
ESL Teacher – 08/03 to 6/07
- Teach English as a Second Language to adult
- Prepare class curriculums, weekly lessons, and administer in-class quizzes and exams
- Participate in student registration and student assessment (BEST Plus)
- Conduct job readiness workshops to prepare both ESL students and job applicants obtain employment
ESL Teacher – 5/00 to 07/03
- There I had the responsibility of making sure everyone was learning.
- I gave special attention to students that struggled learning.
- I accomplished the goal of having my students re-enroll at an excellence level of 80% minimum which I accomplished the last 8 cycles that I taught.
New York University – New York, NY
- Post graduate completion of Spanish minor – 12/06
- Post graduate certificate for education licensure – 12/05
- B.A. – 6/03
University of California – San Diego, CA
- Abroad study Spanish program – 6/02