999 Main Street • Anytown • NY 99999 • Home: (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Karen R. Pennebaker
a career opportunity, that will enable me to utilize my creative skills and diverse experience to our mutual benefit.
Bachelor of Arts in English
New York University – New York, NY May 2009
Minor: Children’s Literature and Childhood Studies
ESL Teacher 01/12-04/28
- teaching ESL in classroom environment and small groups,
- preparing tests, visual aids,
- organizing, coordinating, supervising and evaluating students’ performance,
- organizing practical and project work,
- organizing language competitions and other extra-curriculum activities,
- organizing students’ international correspondence,
- assistance to younger and less advanced teachers.
GHI Company ESL Teacher
- As an ESL assistant teacher in a French high school, work closely with all 5 teachers in the English teaching foreign language skills to students from all specializations between 14 and 20 years old.
- Prepare and give lessons in a variety of formats—alongside the teacher or independently—including one-on-one tutoring, test prep, small group (2-9) conversation practice, large group (10-25) activities and lectures on subjects from American Culture and History.
- Incorporate all kinds of classroom media through listening exercises, as well as guided analyses of visual arts, literature, and video.
- Occasionally assist with teaching English at the middle school with students between 7 and 13 years old.
- ESL Adult instructor for Training Center and Hospital
- ESL for Preschool through High School
Computer skills: Word, Power Point, Excel
Language Skills: Public Speaking, Communications, Basic Spanish, American Sign Language