123 Main Street • Anytown • US 12345 • Home (123) 456-7890 • Cellular (555) 555-5555 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Juan L. Aguila
- New York State Certification in Childhood Education (1-6).
- Initial New York State Certification Early Childhood Education (Birth – 2).
Elementary Teacher, 5/2005-9/2007 and 7/2008-present
- Adapt lessons to meet individual needs by assessing and analyzing students’ backgrounds and learning needs through Individualized Education Plans and ongoing assessments
- Integrate cross-curricular components into lessons and units, including use of media and technology tools, while satisfying curriculum standards and enhancing student learning and self-esteem
- Communicate with parents via weekly newsletters, daily or weekly progress reports, phone calls, and emails, resulting in increased parental involvement
- Establish and maintain positive classroom management strategies that reduce disruptive behavior and result in a more focused group of learners
- Collaborate effectively and cooperatively with staff and parents to provide students’ with the necessary skills to become lifelong learners
- Participate in additional professional development opportunities and school and county-wide committees
Elementary Teacher, 9/2007- 6/2008
- Extended Year Coordinator (Summer )
- Extended Contract Tutor (Language Arts)
- Student Council Advisor
- Lesson Line Coordinator
- Provided data-driven instruction for 7th and 8th grade students.
- Organized cooperative learning activities.
- Conducted ability based learning opportunities for students.
Elementary Teacher, 10/2005-12/2005
- Organize and maintain two separate classroom learning environments.
- Continue instruction of all Kindergarten subjects and became lead Second Grade teacher, teaching core subjects of Reading, Math, and Writing.
- Work collaboratively with Third Grade teacher, to whom my second grade students go while I teach Kindergarten in the afternoons.
Master of Science in Education May 2006
Program: Master’s Including Initial Teaching Certificate Program (MIITC) in Childhood Education.
New York University at New York, NY
- GPA 3.94/4.0
Bachelor of Arts in History, June 2003.
- Concentration in Social Studies.
- Nominated for Chancellor’s Award for Student of the Year.